Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kmac strut mounts

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
While the springs are shorter unloaded, when the weight of the car tries to compress them the shorter springs being stiffer will compress less.
When you fit the shorter springs to the strut & do up the the top nut does it compress the spring? or is the spring loose until you drop the cars weight on it?

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
The lowered (315mm) springs sit in tight after doing up the strut mount top nut. there waz no slack in the struts after installing, i locktited and toruqed up all the bolts to manual specs. Everying done by "the book".

All i can figure iz dat de KMACS or the STRUTS themselvs r adding/improving ride height in some weird-ass TWILIGHT ZONE way......do do do do, do do do do. " As the poor unsuspecting Calais owner began intalling an inocent lowering kitt to his car, little did he know he waz about to cross into the........twilight zone, do do do do, do do do do...(mytserious echo....) "

SlowVac

Owner of a SlowVactioner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SII
Can anyone PLZ PLZ tell me how a lowered spring wiff kmac top has lifted my car by 22mm, when kings spring lows are spose to reduce it by 30mm??? Its got me baffeld????

The main reason is that the wheel geomertry has been altered to minimise camber which minimise tyre scrubbing on the inner side hence the increase of height.
Also a strut brace does fit with the bearing plates.

Cheers

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
after market strut tops will raise your car by about 25mm (notherthane 25mm other brands im not sure), so when lowering ur car and putting in aftermarket strut tops go the next lowering level down on the front:thumbsup:

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
ok, i thought i waz sumptin like dat. Dam, the KMAC web site say nothing off this. Thankyou VL BERLINA, at least i feel at rest with it now that its been confirmed. Ive already cut the (front) springs down to match the 25mm increase. they look and ride 10x better than stock. Not even the slightest possibilty of the springs falling out of place..............nice:yeah: