Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Km's per tank for 5.7Gen3 V8?

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
410km for 24 bucks last week!! Used about 53 litres of gas. Consumption around 13L/100km. So far this week 17.2L/100km. The trip meter is surprisingly accurate even when run on LPG. Ive only had LPG for three weeks and already saved about $180. Best 3800 bucks I've ever spent on my car, or should I say 1800 bucks after this week.
$$$$$$$$:yeah:

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
410km for 24 bucks last week!! Used about 53 litres of gas. Consumption around 13L/100km. So far this week 17.2L/100km. The trip meter is surprisingly accurate even when run on LPG. Ive only had LPG for three weeks and already saved about $180. Best 3800 bucks I've ever spent on my car, or should I say 1800 bucks after this week.
$$$$$$$$:yeah:

What gas system did you get? is it dual fuel? if dual fuel, what gas tank did you put in?

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
What gas system did you get? is it dual fuel? if dual fuel, what gas tank did you put in?

Sprint Gas Vapour Injection OMVL system. Apparently 95litre capacity. Power is awesome still, economy very good aswell especially on the highway.

achimw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 ss
I can get 500-550 km in the city (13.6l /100km)
I drove from Coolangata to Sydney with a full car (5 people ) on a tank
870 km using 81 litres

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I've done well over 250,000 km spread over 2 cars (VXII SS Auto and VYII SS Man). I found the fuel economy virtually the same over both vehicles.

65 (ish) litres normally gets me 450 - 500 around town. 400 - 450 towing a large tandem trailer (up to 2000 kgs).

On a run it gets 9 - 10 l/100 km. I even had it well into the 8's on the freeway between Melbourne and Albury sitting on 110. Once I hit the boarder with the crappy roads and hills it bounces to high 9's/low 10's.

Towing 2 boats on a trip to Perth got me around 20 L/100 sitting on 100 the whole way (damn long way to drive!).

Reaper

BUNDYSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 6SP
Sprint Gas Vapour Injection OMVL system. Apparently 95litre capacity. Power is awesome still, economy very good aswell especially on the highway.

Thanx for the info,
By the way, where did they install the tank? Please keep us updated on your car as i am very interested in lpg

tdog

slipstream
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 355
im having trouble believing all those figures. im happy if i get over 410km out of a full tank in city driving. no way could i get anywhere near 500 - 600 thats huge. before i got the zorst and tune i was only getting about 350km out of a tank.

for those of you with big cam/head packages i find it even harder to believe coz ur just sucking more fuel down. anyway id say if you get over 400km be happy with ur gen3

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
im having trouble believing all those figures. im happy if i get over 410km out of a full tank in city driving. no way could i get anywhere near 500 - 600 thats huge. before i got the zorst and tune i was only getting about 350km out of a tank.

for those of you with big cam/head packages i find it even harder to believe coz ur just sucking more fuel down. anyway id say if you get over 400km be happy with ur gen3

In the city i dont bother watching it, i just know on the highway before i put 3.9's in i was got 520km's. I fill up once a fortnight, dont do alot of driving. Since i've had the gears done ive noticed it gets down a bit faster on the highway...im not phased really, i like to have performance, with that comes fuel usage...

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
Thanx for the info,
By the way, where did they install the tank? Please keep us updated on your car as i am very interested in lpg

I had it installed by a mobile guy. RLS gas, contact is Richard. I did have to go to the Sprint Gas place in Albion to have to computer recalibrated. This was done the second day i got it back, took like 3 minutes.

No probs I will keep everyone posted about my gas. If anyone's interested and lives in Brissy, I am more than happy to show them the conversion and how it drives. Just PM me.