Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

knock the temperature down quick VE

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Tell us your tip for knocking the temperature down real quick when you come back to a car that has been locked up and sitting in the hot sun.

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
ha ha how about it, may just work lmao Pretty sill thread but meh there is only two ways to deal with it, that is roll down a window or A/C. Or if ya smart.. park undercover ha ha ha

B

buyAustralian

Not a "Pretty sill thread" actually. On some hot days it seems nothing I do can reduce the temp inside my car. As the goofball suggests I do try to park under shade but if not I open all windows, turn on aircon and run fan on high. After the temp is a little more comfortable I close up the windows.

I also try to keep the sun off dashboard as that just radiates heat. Try one of those windshield shades. I also try to keep the sun off my seat by covering it with a towel. Know how the sun travels and try to park your car so that the sun is shining on the back of the car when you return to it. That way the back of the seats are not in direct sunlight.

I hope this helps....Suzie.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
A good reflector thingo for your front window helps alot, also you could get a white car :), stays cool but goes rusty if you live in the South :/

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
ha ha ha so technical LMAO How to cool down the inside of your car??HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA hmmmmmm maybe have a esky in the boot with a ice pak to wrap in your towel off the front seat to keep yourself cool?? maybe just maybe you could (god forbid you really do this) take a car cover everywhere you go and hope that no one steals it lmao. People these days will steal anything thats not tired down.

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
When I had a car with power windows Id always roll down the front left and the back right (I think)...Anyway, diagonal windows get the best airflow - fresh air in, hot air out.

Tinting makes a crazy difference too, dont go for the sickest looking darkest tint, get the one that blocks the most heat, duh.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
As has already been said: reflective windshield shade (which has the added bonus of protecting the dash) and tinted windows. That's a must for a leather interior in direct sun - in Gollum-speak "It burns, it burnssss!!" When I come back to the car I'll open up 1 or more doors for a few seconds to let some of the heat out. Put the fan on max because convective airflow is best for cooling the human body. Put the aircon on fresh air first because the outside temperature will be lower than the interior and once the edge has been taken off the temp revert to recirc.

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
greenfoam said:
A good reflector thingo for your front window helps alot, also you could get a white car :), stays cool but goes rusty if you live in the South :/
trust me dewd- Having a white car don't do diddly- I sweat like a little piggy in mine.
Window socks, tinting, rear window mesh and sun shade that goes on the outside of your windscreen 'n locks in2 the front doors round the a pillar(with interior 1's, once the heats inside, it cant getout till ya open a window)
Yeah, and open your doors 4 10mins b4 gettin' in...(don't go anywhere but, stick around or your car won't b there when u get back.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. Suzie, I will try the backing into the sun trick and DJ Majah, I'll try the diagonal opposite window theory....all good tips. As my user name suggests this is my first Holden and I do believe it is a far better aircon system than in the various European cars I have owned for many years until now (and that includes some of the big name Euro cars). Obviously Holden build an aircon for Australian heat. It still gets bl#&%y hot in there though when the car has been locked up in the blazing sun.