Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Knock when braking

falcodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Holden Calais
Yep, froth on the radiator cap is a sign of a leaking inlet manifold. Does the coolant look like there's oil in there too?

A leak behind the tensioner could possibly be just rocker cover gaskets. They're a cheap and easy fox. A photo would help.

Toys R Us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Comm. 3.8L
Yep, froth on the radiator cap is a sign of a leaking inlet manifold. Does the coolant look like there's oil in there too?

A leak behind the tensioner could possibly be just rocker cover gaskets. They're a cheap and easy fox. A photo would help.

Feeling better today must be just a head cold,
Your right! Looks like its that cover the nuts were loose so I gave them a tighten today see how that goes.

So whats involved with this inlet manifold? Is it a easy job I have a few tools, do I need any special tools?

Car runs fine just for those things, I looked inside the oil cap no water in there..

Still haven't solved the noise under braking, I think I leave that to a mechanic.

Thanks again Pete.

Toys R Us

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Comm. 3.8L
Update, oil leak has stopped, decided to change water and put in stop leak till I get a roadworthy. Thank's to all who helped.