Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Knocking in Front End After Fitting Super Lows

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Just had King Super Lows with shortened KYB shocks installed all round in my 07 SSV. Im getting a knocking/clunking sound from both sides in the front (the rear seems fine) when i go over bumps or a piece of rough road , it seems to be more apparent when cornering. Any ideas?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
springs not seated properly in slots, bearing/bushes stuffed, swaybar bush's

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
I would take it back to whoever did the job and get them to re-check their work.

If there was no problem before the change to the new items then it is almost certain that there is a problem with the installation.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Well we went over the whole lot and we ruled out bearings/bushes, swaybar links etc they are all fine. The only thing we can put it down to is the coil spring hitting against itself over harsh bumps, a couple of the coils are very close together and we think that is what it is. While we were checking it another bloke came in and said the same thing happened with his SV6 and he put more of that rubber sleeve around the coil and that solved the problem. I still don't know if this is right or why that would happen, they are only super lows.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Pop the bonnet, crank the top but on the struts tighter, test drive. I got a 1/8 turn extra on mine and the knock stopped

Ok mate i'll give it a go

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Still no joy, the top buts on the struts were very tight.