Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

knocking in rear end

jaydesquire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE commodore ute
hi all, i was just wondering if i could get some advice. as of last week i replaced the centre bearing on my ute as it was fucked. since then there has been knocking in the rear end. when i start the car it’s slow and spaced out but when i drive it because a bit closer together. it’s not very loud but i can hear it from inside the car and outside of i stand next to the rear wheels.

and as of last night when i am driving the car and come to a complete stop that’s okay, but when i accelerate it feels like the rear end of the car locks up and feels like it drags for a few moments and then drives, and when i went through a round a bout and turned it made a really really weird noise. any help would be appreciated!!

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Exhaust not booked up properly after the tailshaft was fixed?

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Tailshaft/centre bearing/unis not installed/refitted correctly.
If you did it yourself then time to get back under the car and check everything.
It may also be coincidental that sumting has gone crook in the diff area and /or maybe now the centre bearing is fixed you can hear the other noises that you could not hear before.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sounding like the clutch in the diff is worn out and the spider gears are starting to shift. If you replaced the bearing by the YouTube method as some do good chance you've damaged the uni.