Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Knocking Sound From Front end

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Soon to own vb commy end of year
hey guys got my 06 vz exec when there was those minor floods few weeks ago drove through a puddle wasnt that deep thought after a few days later relised a sound from the front end when ever i full lock the wheel and drive usually does it when im goin over slightly bumpy roads i can hear a knocking sound coming from the front i was wondering if it was just a balll joints or bushes but wanted to make sure on what it actually was anyone have any idea thanks for the help

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Sway bar links are common, as are lower control arm bushes.
It could also be a knackered strut.

How many Km's on it?

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Tie rod ends on front wheels connected to steering can knock, but generally they need to be struck quite hard by something to go out, or a bushing splits, thus introducing excessive play (there should be none). When they do go out, the wheel(s) are misaligned and abnormal wear will take place. Get under the front and examined the tie rod ends directly behind the wheels.

Last edited:

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
umm wen i bought it nothing wrong wif it its on 93ooo ks now wat exactly happened was i went to beach at lakes entrance and ended up in a rocky bumpy sandy road and after i came bak sorta had slight sound than just grew bigger now wen i jus full lock it and drive on the grassy area in my driveway and its all bumpy just starts makiing that knocking sound

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Check the top nuts on the struts to make sure they are tight.

Could also be your rack ends that are stuffed.

DeanoV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Mine had a knock in the front suspension.I removed the struts and springs cleaned out the stones and reassembled, problem fixed.

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
ohh yehh i seee but mine only does it when u full lock and turn thats it nuffin on the straight nuffin over speed bumps its fine its only when i full lock and start turning

eko

3kO
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanx soop great help got it fixed all good was the sway bar links changed em over shes like a baby now thanx alot :)

Sway bar links are common, as are lower control arm bushes.
It could also be a knackered strut.

How many Km's on it?