Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

knocking sound

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
hey all,

have noticed a knocking sound in my 2005 exec, it happens when i go over speed bumps, up my driveway or any hill at about 10 km/h, or going around a left hand corner which is taking the weight of the car off the left hand side..i have narrowed it down to the front left of the car but not sure wat it is...

i originally thought it was a loose brake caliper or something but i had all wheels and calipers off the weekend just gone because i replaced all brake pads, also when the sound occurs and your foot is on the "rest" pedal in the drivers seat or in the passanger seat your feet are on the fire wall u can feel it, im almost certain its not transmission my next guess is suspension or something?

any help is much appreciated as i would like to rectify this problem because its annoying as hearing this knocking sound in my new car is driving me crazy :bang:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
remove the sway bar link on the left hand side, go for a drive and see if the noise is still there

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
dumb question...how easy is it to remove, any hints/tricks or advise?

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
i had a look at the sway bar link bushes and they look all fine and intact...i didnt take it off tho because not sure how too..had a bit of a look around in the wheel arch and suspension set-up and couldnt find anything that would be clunking..? any ideas

figsvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 2005
Suspension for sure. My sister's car 1996 celica displayed the same sound when driving. Found out the suspension was rooted. Get it fixed or checked out asap.