Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jajt1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim
gday guys

so i have a vy acclaim that has about 230k on the clock and its been getting a bit hot lately but not to the point of over heating it usually gets about 3 qtrs of the way before it cools down i found out the fan wasnt working probably and got that fixed but its still does it and ive been topping it up with coolant and that didnt fix it either, then tonight i was driving around and it was still getting hot but it was just sitting at half way most of the night then while it was sitting between quarter and half way it started making a knocking sound but only when i accelerate softly if i put my foot down it doesnt make a sound so i went straight home and turn my car of and had a look under the hood and everything seemed normal there was no smoke. i waited about 15 minutes then i turned it on and there was no sound i put it in reverse and it made the knockiing sound to but while it was in idle it made no sound any ideas??

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Have you checked all the basics such as oil and transmission oil levels? Check under the oil cap and dip stick to see if the oil is a milky colour. Your temp really should not be going above half way, Both My Cars, Temp gauge never moves, even sitting in traffic on a 38° for a hour they never move. So you may want to get your cooling system checked out also. When was the last time it had a full service ?