Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Koni shocks + King springs

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Cheers foggsy and the rest of you. I'm getting car up on hoist tommorow to see what's what. I've decided to lower it just a little and it will look better with the same clearance from tyre to wheel arch. I'm just getting prices at the moment and will be asking them if I need a camber kit. Basically I want to drop in 1 or 2 inches and stop the squatting on take off. Ill see what they say and will let you all know how much on what product.

Cheers

Steve.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
I also have King springs and Koni yellows. Very good combo. In the sedan the rears are adjustable while mounted on the car as well as the fronts.
On the softest setting they are comparable to FE2 struts, on fully hard you might lose a filling or three and put your back out :)
From memory the bilsteins were slightly more expensive than the konis.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
I have them as well. This was one of the best mods I have done. I run them softest all round and they are similar to FE2 but FAR more progressive and controlled on bumps. I can't comment on any other brand since I haven't experienced them on a VE.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
I also have King springs and Koni yellows. Very good combo. In the sedan the rears are adjustable while mounted on the car as well as the fronts.
On the softest setting they are comparable to FE2 struts, on fully hard you might lose a filling or three and put your back out :)
From memory the bilsteins were slightly more expensive than the konis.

Big Al,
How do you adjust the rears while they are on the car?

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Ok prices. 4x koni yellow shocks. 4x king springs ( 2inch lowerd ). Wheel alignment included. $1950.00 he said there will be enough adjustment for the rear without a camber kit. Koni don't make camber kits either I found out.

Your thoughts....

Cheers. Steve.

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Ok prices. 4x koni yellow shocks. 4x king springs ( 2inch lowerd ). Wheel alignment included. $1950.00 he said there will be enough adjustment for the rear without a camber kit. Koni don't make camber kits either I found out.

Your thoughts....

Cheers. Steve.

Springs can be had on ebay for about $250, so $1700 for shocks + labour + wheel alignment seems a bit expensive to me........

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
AD07, have you gotten a quote for all of this before?...even IF I did source the springs for $250.00 a pop off E-BAY that's 1k, that leaves $950.00, Shocks say $100.00 each there's another $400.00 + wheel alignment $70.00 (approx)...So total without Labor = $1470.00. that leaves $480.00 for Labor....I'm not defending the quote until I get another one However it seems ok to me, If I can get another Quote and save $300.00 I will start to become suspicious.....

But hey cheers AD07 For your input..:)

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
Ummmm...... thats $250 for FOUR SPRINGS !!!!!!! Who the hell would pay 1K for springs?!?!?!?!?!
See here
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-C...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23140bbd3d

So by your maths , its $400 for shocks plus $70 for an alignment.
With the (4) springs at $250, its a grand total of $720.
Now lets re-calculate that labour charge....................
.............................................................$1230. :hmmm:

calvv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais V v8
Opps i thought you ment each....Cheers for the link

AD07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS V 6.0
No probs mate......i just hate seeing people get ripped off.
Although, i do think that Konis might be a little more than $100 each.