Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Koni Shocks with KingSprings SSL.

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
I have King springs on my VF SS wagon with original shocks and would like to replace with Koni's.

Front-KHFL-151SSL, Back-KHRL-152SSLHD, About 30mm drop all round.

I have be advised of two choices for the fronts 8641-1506Sport and 8610-1439Sport. Both have different operating lengths.

I'll do some measurement over the weekend on the car but just wondering if anyone has used either with SSL springs and their thoughts?

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Tripxit

I have the exact set up on my series 2, and i can tell you its the best mod ive done. That includes W407 as well.
When i bought my car it had the standard fe2 suspension so that had to go. First i did Coil overs Ksport and didnt
like them so they came out, but this time went to Wilkinson Suspension in Perth and they did the rest.

Got Koni adjustable Yellow Gas Shocks, King springs ssl and Whiteline sway bars. The car is set up the way it should be
,doesnt scrap on bumps looks tuff as well. I think it sits at 660 all round

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
I have the exact set up on my series 2, and i can tell you its the best mod ive done. That includes W407 as well.
When i bought my car it had the standard fe2 suspension so that had to go. First i did Coil overs Ksport and didnt
like them so they came out, but this time went to Wilkinson Suspension in Perth and they did the rest.

Got Koni adjustable Yellow Gas Shocks, King springs ssl and Whiteline sway bars. The car is set up the way it should be

Hi ls3 304, do you know what model koni yellow shocks were used in the front on your car? The Koni catalog only list the 8641-1506Sport for VF but I have been told that 8610-1439Sport (shorter) may be better suited to the SSL spring.

RED LION

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline
Tripxit

Any pics on how it sits?

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Tripxit

are the sway bars easy to install and how did you find the change to them overall?

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Hi Guys.........ill try upload some pics when i can.

Tripxit your right only the front shocks are adjustable, the rears are not, but same kit
Abuch47 The sway bars are awesome, sticks to the road like glue. Its stable corner entry and good
coming outta corners on the power. Its funny the first thing ppl do to their cars is usualy exhaust, cam
and tune, when they should first set the car up properly, suspension and brakes. Its cost me a bit, but its right now

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Tripxit your right only the front shocks are adjustable, the rears are not
I know they are adjustable, I was asking if you know the model number of the shocks used in the front of your car. All good if you don't.