Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

a

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

warrick

Reaction score
Website
members.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VF 6.0 CALAIS V
recently fitted a set of FSD Koni's to my VF Series 1 Calais V. brillant is the word i would choose. for what i wanted,firm but not harsh,these coupled with Eibach Pro springs is perfect for me. it is used as a daily and no track work ever. i had coilovers on my VE Calais and hated them,way too harsh.with these its firm over bumps and potholes but without the thump and teeth rattling. if this is what your after these are it if you want to track/race it i would say no.
cheers

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Bilstiens are a better shock for similar money.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Which store are you looking at?
Holmart have them at a good price

Subju

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Clubsport Tourer
a

Last edited:

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
How many ks on the car? Much more than 100,000 and your original struts would be dead already.
550 is not much more than KYB

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Yeah, I saw that. Really tempting. Trying to think of a noise that I can blame on the shocks to see if I can slide it past the missus. As it is, she is worried about me running away with the car I love it that much.

As far as I understood bilsteins are heaps more expensive. The Koni's are only $550 at the moment for a full set.

So you're looking at the base line Koni's then. So you should compare them to the base line Bilstiens in which case the Koni's are better. But in this price range I would look at Sachs/Boge sports.

greenacc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I LoL'd at the speed humps! I've got the same issue with speed humps everywhere around here and so I love the standard VE springs as it can jig straight over them.
Also agree with what Shane said that Boge struts are good though I have never fitted a set of Koni to compare. I've had a set of Boges in my ride for about 6 years and they've been great. Just starting to soften up a bit now by the feel of it.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If you are considering new stock height springs, seriously consider Lovells. I can vouch for them being a very nice spring at a very reasonable price.