Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

KPM Exhaust Adelaide. Anyone got a 3" KPM Exhaust?

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Looking for an exhaust sound clip/video of a KPM 3" full exhaust system after they split from Exhaust Technology (around 2015).

Just trying to figure out if the note changed since they outsourced the manufacturing.

I just want to know/hear exactly what i'm going to get before i drop that amount of money on a non-refundable item.

Thanks heaps.

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Looking for an exhaust sound clip/video of a KPM 3" full exhaust system after they split from Exhaust Technology (around 2015).

Just trying to figure out if the note changed since they outsourced the manufacturing.

I just want to know/hear exactly what i'm going to get before i drop that amount of money on a non-refundable item.

Thanks heaps.
I thought they split earlier than 2015. I have 2 kpm 3" systems.
Cammed ve ute sounds incredible fitted the exhaust in 2010 wasn't made but exhaust technology. Only issue the X pipe cracked which I heard was common.
Vf2 SS sedan just OTR etc, again sounds great I bought it 2nd hand when cold have rattle in one muffler for first 30seconds then all good.

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I thought they split earlier than 2015. I have 2 kpm 3" systems.
Cammed ve ute sounds incredible fitted the exhaust in 2010 wasn't made but exhaust technology. Only issue the X pipe cracked which I heard was common.
Vf2 SS sedan just OTR etc, again sounds great I bought it 2nd hand when cold have rattle in one muffler for first 30seconds then all good.

I could only find a bit of info on the split, but someone posted a comment that they split late 2015, but no clue if that's accurate, just all i had to go on.

There's 2 video's of a KPM exhaust on Youtube:

Both sound very similar and is exactly the sound i am looking for. But, even though the green SS's video is posted only 2 years ago, he commented that he has had the system on for 3 years already, which as far as i knew more than likely is a product of before the split. So, up until now i was unsure if i purchased a exhaust from KPM in the near future that i would be getting that sound as produced above^ or may be stuck with something different.

Any chance yours on your VF sounds similar to those 2 and being second hand, was it the overseas manufactured one which is current, or a previous build?

Thanks for the reply btw, you're helping me out a bunch.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
I could only find a bit of info on the split, but someone posted a comment that they split late 2015, but no clue if that's accurate, just all i had to go on.

There's 2 video's of a KPM exhaust on Youtube:

Both sound very similar and is exactly the sound i am looking for. But, even though the green SS's video is posted only 2 years ago, he commented that he has had the system on for 3 years already, which as far as i knew more than likely is a product of before the split. So, up until now i was unsure if i purchased a exhaust from KPM in the near future that i would be getting that sound as produced above^ or may be stuck with something different.

Any chance yours on your VF sounds similar to those 2 and being second hand, was it the overseas manufactured one which is current, or a previous build?

Thanks for the reply btw, you're helping me out a bunch.
I know the silver car is Aust system, they had slip over connectors.
Both of mine have flange connections sound same etc. The VF system has had no repairs on X pipe but looks the same to me.
Only other complaints I've heard are flutter sound on cammed 2 1/2" systems which they changed the muffler design a few years ago. Go on LS1 forum as search kpm.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know the silver car is Aust system, they had slip over connectors.
Both of mine have flange connections sound same etc. The VF system has had no repairs on X pipe but looks the same to me.
Only other complaints I've heard are flutter sound on cammed 2 1/2" systems which they changed the muffler design a few years ago. Go on LS1 forum as search kpm.
This is the Aussie made slip on
Screenshot_20180407-044106.png

This is mine flange collection bought 2010
Screenshot_20180407-044106.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180407-044041.png
    Screenshot_20180407-044041.png
    586.4 KB · Views: 215

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I'm unfortunately a little confused at the moment.

So, you have flange connections on your VE UTE and VF? Cause from what i can see on KPM's current website, their current system that they sell (which is made overseas) uses flange connections too, as seen here:

https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Mustang_Exhaust_GT.jpg

So, technically i should be getting a similar, if not the same, system sound if i purchased one from them now. Even though they are made overseas.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm unfortunately a little confused at the moment.

So, you have flange connections on your VE UTE and VF? Cause from what i can see on KPM's current website, their current system that they sell (which is made overseas) uses flange connections too, as seen here:

https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Mustang_Exhaust_GT.jpg

So, technically i should be getting a similar, if not the same, system sound if i purchased one from them now. Even though they are made overseas.
Yep, think the Adelaide made stopped 2009

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
Yep, think the Adelaide made stopped 2009

Brilliant. Thanks a bunch for your help mate, really saved me a lot of money.

One more quick question; Do the police give you any trouble because of the exhaust? Or is it fairly sedate at idle?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Brilliant. Thanks a bunch for your help mate, really saved me a lot of money.

One more quick question; Do the police give you any trouble because of the exhaust? Or is it fairly sedate at idle?
It's nice at idle no police issues my cammed ute was too loud with xforce 3", kpm system nice deep note not overly loud

Steven W

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
It's nice at idle no police issues my cammed ute was too loud with xforce 3", kpm system nice deep note not overly loud

Cool, thanks. Sounds like it's exactly what i'm looking for as long as it roars when your foots planted.