Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Kris's VS

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
^^lol ill give you that one

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
well after having my car battery taken off me last month,
i had some spare time and decided to hit a few birds with one rock,

so i repainted the lower interior to mach the doors, repainted the central console, put in a cup holder which all VS-Pre cars have been missing.
still got abit of work to finish it off.

after i got the battery back, i got an voltmeter, replaced my old blue led stick (the one on LHS with the 3 L.E.D's working)
i got myself a energizer 12V A23 battrey and was looking around where i could put it.

when i put it behind the front bumper, it doesn't look too bad (goes nicely with the interior lights) but i understand if people don't like it. but i guess having one little light which isn't too bright is better then having the whole area under your car lighting up and getting attention from cops & anyone who would like to take your ride off you.

DSC02169.jpg

DSC04056.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02172.jpg

Last edited:

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
Question, WHY such a BIG voltmeter?

BTW, i like blue, and it does look alright i guess, part i dont like is that the road illuminates with neons and crap, fair enough if it looks from just your vehicle (they can look really good) but when you light up the road it looks like crap!

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
Question, WHY such a BIG voltmeter?

BTW, i like blue, and it does look alright i guess, part i dont like is that the road illuminates with neons and crap, fair enough if it looks from just your vehicle (they can look really good) but when you light up the road it looks like crap!

its only 52mm, doesn't seem that big when its in front of you, plus i was using my mobile camera so i just got an up close pic so it would come up clear
I'll see what i can do to block off the light from illuminating the road.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
its only 52mm, doesn't seem that big when its in front of you, plus i was using my mobile camera so i just got an up close pic so it would come up clear
I'll see what i can do to block off the light from illuminating the road.
OK, i guess it looks bigger because i'm used to the VY Interior now, and the VR's are smaller!

Just try block it off with some paper or cardboard first and see if you like it! No use doing it if you dont like it just to please me :D

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
The sad reality is you already looked like a hoon with your VS when it was unmodded! It's stereotyping, but yea cops do it too.

But yea, as to the wanker part, if you make the light just illuminate your radiator and bodywork a bit without the road it should make it look better.

HRVATSKI_VOJNIK

a.k.a KRIS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore V6
not a major update but i have all the supplies i need new to repaint my hood and front quoter panels.

now i just gotta wait for a nice day to come around, but that might not be till the weather drops under 30* with no wind.

we got the paint and supplies from where my dad used to get paint (house) supplies for his work, i think he still goes there at times because his good with the boss over there
the store is Olarenshaws Paint Centre in Sunshine, they've helped me in the past with other projects
http://www.olarenshaws.com.au/

2 liters of Alaskan white $70
4 Liters of thinner around $30

got the following from an auto1 store
1 liter grease&wax remover $8.95
1 kg of cutting compound $14.95

the paints acrylic lacquer (rather do it in acrylic lacquer then 2-pack and risk getting cancer) and i can do it home

my dad says theres not much point doing a clear coat straight away so i get some some auto sprayer to do it when i got some free cash
(don't have the guts to do the clear myself and I'm not sure if my dad did clear coats before)

Last edited:

holdenvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive
looks sick with blue lights

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I thought school holidays were over?