Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

KYB or gabriel shocks?

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
just lay buyed sum shocks KYB's i chose outta these, pedders and Gabriel, i neva herd of gabriel b4 can sum1 tell me what is the best outta the 3 there all round the same price range and may change to what evers best..

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
they are all much-of-a-muchness...pretty hard to say which one is actually best. but kyb are a good choice, ive got kyb shocks on my vs. pedders shocks are good, but all pedders sh*t is overpriced for what it is.
as for gabriel, i thought they were more prominent in asia.

tomic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V8
They are all pretty major brands. At the lower end of $ factor they're all going to offer reasonably similar performance.

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs serries111 statesman 5.0
what did u end up payin for the kybs?

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
i made a down payment for the kybs can always change to something in there stock but think im gonna stick to em over the gabriels as there not as well known and havent herd any good or bad things about em. dunno if its worth it spending the extra $60ech to get the bump sensing type shocks apparently when u go over a bump/pothole ur car levels its self out and ya cant feel sqwat

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Gabriel shocks have been around since I was a teenager, perhaps longer, I think the company was bought out yonks ago, not the best around.

Monroe are what GM use as a replacement strut / shock, they have been around just as long.

Just remember that gas shocks will make every pebble feel like a pot hole, if you can still get em stick with heavy duty oil only shocks, gas is usually preferred when carrying heavy loads or your springs are weak.

In the early 70's when the 350 monaro was new they ran the best shocks made, which fited many other model holdens, good chance there is a company that still makes a similar type, worth a look anyway.

Pedders are $exe but there is more choice available, the Heavy Duty sensa-trak versions seem to do OK.

EG; the HJ-75 landcruiser was like rigid suspension when empty but with a full tank 90 lit and 500 kgs in the back the gas shocks were great.

stateo 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vs serries111 statesman 5.0
ouch did they slug u that for the rear as well surly not $145 for rears