Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L.S.D Cleaning

pusslux

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L MAN UTE
Hi i got a lsd in my v8 ute and i rekn that it maybe getting a little tired. I doing a oil change in it shortly and am wondering if there is anyway of cleaning it while i got the rear plate off. Is there any benefit to doing this??

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
if your real keen you could use some kerosene with a wash gun. otherwise change the oil now and then do it again in a few months. just use good oil designed for LSD use.

If the LSD is worn then no amount of good oil will fix it

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
LSD oils are different to the single spinner diff oil, has more products mixed in and is more thicker also more heavy duty so it wont break down in no time
Hi i got a lsd in my v8 ute and i rekn that it maybe getting a little tired. I doing a oil change in it shortly and am wondering if there is anyway of cleaning it while i got the rear plate off. Is there any benefit to doing this??

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000

hey mate, im prob not the best one to answer, but my mates used to tip thinners or kero in teh diff centre so there is a far bit and give it a good scrab. to get the kero out jack teh car up to one side with the axle out.
as for oils, im guessing you have an LSD. there is special oils to use for these, which they sell at most places. )autobarn etc) and with my diff i also bought an additave which was recomended by the suplier. cost about 60 bux from holden but i was told is well worth it

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
This addative?
16122010504.jpg