Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L3 Climate backlight lamps, where to buy?

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Hi,

Both my Lamps are blown on my L3 climate control, where can these be bought, are they some sort of standard lamp that has a name/code to it or it propriety to Delco or whoever make the unit?

Thanks.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I think the globes are 1 size bigger (T5) than the trip computer globes in the cluster (T4)

They are called Neo Wedge. I purchased some LED's a while back and had to shape the top so they would fit.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Do you mean backlight for the screen or the display?

If you mean the display, it isn't that easy, but look at https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/resistors-leds-replacing-incandecent-bulbs.91615 which shows what I did.

I couldn't find the correct bulb anywhere, and you can't buy them from Holden. This works ok, but as in the email, make sure DSE have the bulb before you go to the store and can't find it.

But as 88GreenVN said above you can just use the wedge bulbs and remove the plastic wedge bit.

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
I mean the bulb (or lamp) for the L3 Climate control screen, there is 2 of them on the top of the unit. at the top of the screen.
I looked up T5 but can't find anything that looks remotely like them.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
I did a lot of searching when mine blew for something the same but couldn't find them anywhere. If you manage to find something the same, great! - but I think you will have to find ~0.5W bulb to solder in. To use the T5 bulb you have to unwire them from the wedge part. When you remove the wedge part they are fairly similar to the wheat grain bulbs from DSE

Correction: It appears that DSE have does away with most of the small electrical components they used to sell.

Last edited:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I got mine from JayCar if that helps?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
I mean the bulb (or lamp) for the L3 Climate control screen, there is 2 of them on the top of the unit. at the top of the screen.
I looked up T5 but can't find anything that looks remotely like them.

Oh - not the button globes (T5) the tube type globes - my bad. I cut them out and trplace wit hthe LED out of the T5 sized ne wedge LED's I purchased of Ebay. If you just want green (diffuser colour) I'd just purchase a second hand control module from ebay ($20 - $30)

Z2TT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Commodore
Dick smith electronics is not like it used to be anymore, they are by far from the "Tech Xperts". They should just all be converted to Retravision stores.
Hope Jaycar has something.

You don't need to make them shine green because the original bulbs don't even shine green it's just a green film or something on the screen that makes the light look green.
I just want the original bulbs so the light distribution is the same, I tried to put LEDS in there but it just looked out of whack.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dick smith electronics is not like it used to be anymore, they are by far from the "Tech Xperts". They should just all be converted to Retravision stores.
Hope Jaycar has something.

You don't need to make them shine green because the original bulbs don't even shine green it's just a green film or something on the screen that makes the light look green.
I just want the original bulbs so the light distribution is the same, I tried to put LEDS in there but it just looked out of whack.

I have a few modules to convert to LED's so I may have a few of the bulbs left over. PM me if you have no luck finding new ones.