Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L36 vs L67 fuel pump

Kyle H

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VT Commodore
hey all i just recently did a engine swap from ecotec to l67 and i have a misfire currently, im using ecotec coil packs and ecotec fuel pump and im thinking of changing them. is a fuel pump for a l67 the same as a l36 as in can i take the fuel pump out of mine now and put one for a l67 straight in or do i need anything else?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
Hey mate, did you also swap all three computers?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
out of curiosity what did you do about the fuel pump and fuel pump controller? We want to get a vs going but the fuel pump is bad and the controller is missing . This thread here says to use a Walbro GSS341 fuel pump and not worry about the controller which is turning into a mission to find one I think my cousin cant reach his wallet is why . there is a wiring diagram of it on here some where.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs statesman 304
hey all i just recently did a engine swap from ecotec to l67 and i have a misfire currently, im using ecotec coil packs and ecotec fuel pump and im thinking of changing them. is a fuel pump for a l67 the same as a l36 as in can i take the fuel pump out of mine now and put one for a l67 straight in or do i need anything else?
And from 1hr of googling they do have different coilpacks l67 having more spark put APPARENTLY there compatible.

H

harrop.senator

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-pu...349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=705-154756-20017-0 specs there in description says 3.8 standard and l67 compatible matey

Pumps the same but l67 runs a high speed controller and it increases its flow on boost .

To op , deutschwerks 255 l/100 or the warlbro . The gss342 is a part number specific from memory.

Any 255 drop in will work , get some new genuine GM fuel hose and try find a Toyota can't remember the model screen mesh. To fit with the commodore module you cant run a centre mounted tank filter has to be rectangular with the connector on one end.