Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 3.8L Supercharged V6 Cam Package (no intercooler)

SuperXmaster

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX supercharged commodore
Has anybody on here bought and installed the cam upgrade package no intercooler ? Is there anything I need to know about it ? And what sort of power gain did you see ?

Last edited:

MACE

Reaction score
Hi SuperXmaster,
I hope all is well on your end :)

"Has anybody on here bought and installed the cam upgrade package no intercooler ? Is there anything I need to know about it ?"

We offer three stages of cams (Stage 1,2 and 3) for L67 which can be shown below:

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/sec6ce8ac535a/?ObjectID=1469379

If your vehicle is for street use, we would suggest to go with the stage 1 or stage 2 cam.
Stage 1 cam is designed for use on totally stock heads and stock components up to 6000 rpm. It is recommended to upgrade valve springs to increase performance and allow shifting over 6000 where peak power is made. PCM programming required. Expect gains of 26-37kW depending on your car's current configuration.

Stage 2 cam is designed for supercharged or nitrous applications on ecotec and L67 bottom ends. It produces the highest power and torque figures than any cam grind currently available with stock heads. Expect gains of 30-45kW depending on your car's current configuration.
Please note that you would need a dyno tune with these cam. If you aren't running up to 10PSI pulley you don't need to add an intercooler kit.

We also offer cam package (Stage 1,2 and 3) which comes with every supporting mod required for the cam install.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/epages/shop.sf/sec6ce8ac535a/?ObjectID=56908354

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Kind regards,
Michael