Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NickshokkaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt spac L67
I have a 2000 vt spac supercharged v6 with an L67 engine.
I’m trying to find out how I would convert it from automatic to manual. I’ve read a few posts but can’t seem to find the awnsers I’m looking for . I pretty much need to know the whole process

Do I need a supercharged s pac manual gearbox or can it just be a standard gearbox from a vt/vx? I’m planning on putting a new pulley in and running more psi through the supercharger, will I need a better gearbox if I’m going to produce more power from the engine or does that not matter ? how much will it cost me roughly.?

unrelated question but how much psi should run to maintain a healthy engine but producing as much power as possible. The car has an exhaust system. Everything except extractors( high flow cats, 2.5” exhaust and twin muffler tips

Attachments

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Some will dissagree with me but I would look at using a T56 it's a better box than the VT 6 manual.

I'm not 100% but I think you need to get the PCM tuned as I think the PCM is the same in the manual just with different settings. I may be totally wrong if I am you need to change PCM.

Also you need to find the correct flywheel or you nees to get the crank and flywheel balanced.