Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

NickshokkaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt spac L67
I have a 2000 vt spac supercharged v6 with an L67 engine.
I’m trying to find out how I would convert it from automatic to manual. I’ve read a few posts but can’t seem to find the awnsers I’m looking for . I pretty much need to know the whole process

Do I need a supercharged s pac manual gearbox or can it just be a standard gearbox from a vt/vx? I’m planning on putting a new pulley in and running more psi through the supercharger, will I need a better gearbox if I’m going to produce more power from the engine or does that not matter ? how much will it cost me roughly.?

unrelated question but how much psi should run to maintain a healthy engine but producing as much power as possible. The car has an exhaust system. Everything except extractors( high flow cats, 2.5” exhaust and twin muffler tips

Attachments

• DB4DD681-42D3-4A6D-B111-45F824621329.jpeg
    DB4DD681-42D3-4A6D-B111-45F824621329.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 216

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Some will dissagree with me but I would look at using a T56 it's a better box than the VT 6 manual.

I'm not 100% but I think you need to get the PCM tuned as I think the PCM is the same in the manual just with different settings. I may be totally wrong if I am you need to change PCM.

Also you need to find the correct flywheel or you nees to get the crank and flywheel balanced.

Nialls

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ute
I have a 2000 vt spac supercharged v6 with an L67 engine.
I’m trying to find out how I would convert it from automatic to manual. I’ve read a few posts but can’t seem to find the awnsers I’m looking for . I pretty much need to know the whole process

Do I need a supercharged s pac manual gearbox or can it just be a standard gearbox from a vt/vx? I’m planning on putting a new pulley in and running more psi through the supercharger, will I need a better gearbox if I’m going to produce more power from the engine or does that not matter ? how much will it cost me roughly.?

unrelated question but how much psi should run to maintain a healthy engine but producing as much power as possible. The car has an exhaust system. Everything except extractors( high flow cats, 2.5” exhaust and twin muffler tips
Hey nick I want to do the same to my vy Ute but form some reason I can’t check out that torque site.
did you get any answers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
AFAIK there was no manual factory option in VT L67, they were all auto.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I may be totally wrong if I am you need to change PCM.

Just need the auto flags turned off, all the L67 ECUs (inc VX and VY) had memcals so it's easier to do.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
how much psi should run to maintain a healthy engine but producing as much power as possible.
Just a bit less than what would blow it up :p

(just some humor)

Brysha89

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman L98 6.0ltr
1st Consider the state of your engine kms and service history before you upgrade the pulley to a higher psi and rule of thumb on l67s is at 20 psi they just produce heat and that's no good 15psi would be the limit but that will depend on the state of your engine, t56 manual is a must if you do upgrade your pulley otherwise just the g-trag will do up to 10psi without breaking. now after all that if you do convert it you will need:
clutch peddle, break peddle, peddle box, the break master cylinder, manual flywheel, loom and a ecu flash. Now i don't know the rest as i started with a manual then went l67 so i don't know if you will need a different tail shaft and differential as auto v6, auto s/c v6 and manual v6 had different diff gears