Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HYBRN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Holden Commodore VT-S-PAC series2.
hey guys hope everyone's well, as for my inquiry, this ones slightly of a different nature. I'm currently in the process of reversing a standard l67 swap in a VX, Long story short iv'e bought a short l36 engine and used the trans and torque converter off the super 6, retaining the l36 flywheel, i also used the coils, and alternator of the l67, loom wise i used the one that came with the l36 which matched the pink and blue style PCM i had fitted to the VX when i originally put the l67 in, "Deciding to ditch the factory VX flash style PCM.. Yellow and brown Plugs". Anyway i fitted the engine and and used the pcm and memcal i was using to run the other engine, The Memcal had the VATS removed with an L67 tune on it , Prior to the swap i was under the impression the L36 would run reasonably normal with the L67 tune in it but that wasn't, the case, the car was able to start but shortly after would die, after a few more attempts if i held the down the pedal the car wouldn't die but at the same time it was struggling to maintain between 2 and 3 thousand RPM. The car felt very weak almost like it was low on fuel or something and surely enough when i took my foot off the pedal it would decline, then struggle to idle and die. i then thought maybe it had something to do with the l67 coils i used so i got a set of second hand Buick coils complete with DFI module but there was no improvement, i then checked the plugs and Leeds and it didn't seem like there was anything wrong with them, apart from not being brand new it didn't look like anything was wrong with them, so after that i began checking over things and playing around a little bit until i somehow worked out when i unplugged the MAF sensor and started the engine it idled normal, unfortunately it still didn't respond well to throttle. and that's pretty much where its at now, I'm not sure if i need my Memcal chip re done with a N/A tune or if perhaps there's something Ive missed but I'm hoping this makes more sense to you guys than it does to me right now cause I'm lost. Hoping we can get to the bottom of it, Thanks in advance ;)

maddocsreign

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
It will be low on fuel.
Smaller injectors on L38.
Different opening pulse widths needed.
Shout yourself a new chip.