Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 boost solinoid bypass

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
Hey guys i know its been posted a million times and i do appoligise. But just cant seem to understand what to exactly do and how to bypass the boost solinoid. Can anyone who has deleted theres maybe post a picture so i can kind of follow it and do the same as reading and understand it is kind of hard. Sorry once again and much appriciated to anyone who can help

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
There is a good description with photos on the L67 Torque forum.

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
I cant seem to sign up to l67torque with a hotmail. So if anyone can some how can copy the contents from l67torque to here it would be very much appricated and other members can use it in the future. I dont mean to offend anyone what so ever and not offence taken if no one wants to or cant.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
On the passenger side of you blower you will see a little plastic "tree" with 2 hoses coming from it. This is the "vacuum tree"
One of these hoses goes to the fuel reg. Dont touch that one. The other one curls back and heads down behind the motor into the boost solenoid. Unplug this hose from the boost tree and cap the open port on the tree.
Right near this is the bypass actuator for the blower. It has two chambers, top and bottom. On the back side of this on the lower half of the bypass valve will be a hose that runs back to the boost solenoid. Unplug that hose so that port on the bypass valve can breathe. Your done. Have a beer.

Flyl67Boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs Calais series 2 l67
When you say "cap" what do you mean. As ive read somewhere that theres some "stockings" involved to keep out debris ?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
cap - block off the port so it doesn't leak.
As for the stocking part. i didnt bother. Never had any probs.

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
awsum great advice.. so if correct i can remove the boost solenoid completely with your instructions?

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
hi all. keep up the great advice. i now have the l67 installed in my vs with stock loom (Extended) , 10psi pulley and mace chip. full exhaust etc.. i did the boost thing bypass and at idle the bypass valve is open and closes under throttle eg a rev while stationary.. is this right or is it meant to give boost all the time ? just checking as i cant see the valve while driving! lol any advice great thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
That sounds right. It should be open when cruising (high vacuum) so the charger isn't doing anything and then when you give it a rev the vacuum in the LIM drops, the bypass valve closes and you get all the boost.

Cuzzy69

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs wagon exe v6 l67 vx
ok great. now i wonder why the factory has a computer controlled version? emissions i assume