Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 calais pulley? Belt?

Emilyrose

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx calais l67
Help me!
My l67 commodore Is making a horrible noise
I'll link a video down below

Thought at first maybe the supercharger but disconnected the belt and the noise is still there
Supercharger only recently had a new belt put on and oil change

Had people say pulley
People say belt, water pump etc...
Its not the best video but I'd like to not spend money I don't have to

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Could be anything from that video, might help if the bonnet was open so we could hear it properly.

Have you done any other trouble shooting? Any hard to rotate idler pulleys? Does it increase with RPM? Does it go away if you put the air-con on? Does it change pitch when you steer lock to lock?

Emilyrose

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx calais l67
It's the best I could get at the time tonight in the morning I'll open the bonnet and make another video tested the aircon doesn't go away with it on

I haven't done the pulley check as I'm unsure on how to do it (please don't poke fun at me cause I'm a chick)

It seems to not be as loud when driving it's more starting, stopping at lights
Slowing down that type of thing

Emilyrose

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx calais l67
Could be anything from that video, might help if the bonnet was open so we could hear it properly.

Have you done any other trouble shooting? Any hard to rotate idler pulleys? Does it increase with RPM? Does it go away if you put the air-con on? Does it change pitch when you steer lock to lock?

It's the best I could get at the time tonight in the morning I'll open the bonnet and make another video tested the aircon doesn't go away with it on

I haven't done the pulley check as I'm unsure on how to do it (please don't poke fun at me cause I'm a chick)

It seems to not be as loud when driving it's more starting, stopping at lights
Slowing down that type of thing

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I’d start by removing the main drive belt and see if the idler pulleys turn nicely without any binding also the water pump just be sure to take a photo of the drive belt before you take it off so you know which way it goes back on... Just speaking from experience on that one lol

Emilyrose

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx calais l67
I’d start by removing the main drive belt and see if the idler pulleys turn nicely without any binding also the water pump just be sure to take a photo of the drive belt before you take it off so you know which way it goes back on... Just speaking from experience on that one lol

Better video done today

Emilyrose

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx calais l67

Better video
And I sure will

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

This x2. If no pulley's are noisy then rub some dry lube on the belt and see if that helps.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Spray the bearing in the pulley with WD-40, do one at a time if it makes less noise you found the bad pulley bearing.