Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 convesion now wont start

Perry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 TJ Magna Sports
I've been helping my brother in law convert his VR ute from the old buick to an L67 out of a VS statesman. Now he brought a complete VS statesman to do the conversion and have taken the following across:

• L67 and auto box
  • ecu,bem and looms
  • transcooler
  • power sterring lines
  • key contacts on the ignition +remote from the VS

now the motor turns over but doesn't fire. Can hear the fuel pump coming on (still using the vr pump). have got spark and injector pulse. the dash is showing up with a orange ON light ??

any ideas on this as we are so close

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Checked your leads are on right?

Perry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 TJ Magna Sports
Also got our hands on a tech 1 tool, cleared the codes + reprogrammed the key still no go. When cranking the battery voltage goes down to around 8v is this too low??

We don't have abs or the srs connected would this cause any issues apart from throwing a code

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
may be the battery , I don't think the abs or srs not being connected would cause it , are there any hoses loose ??

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
8V WHILE cranking is awesome. Starter motor draws MASSIVE amounts of current, especially when the solenoid first engages.

Simple rule mate, to make the engine run, you need four things..
AIR - Presuming you don't have a rag shoved up the TB... should be good
FUEL - Confirmed
SPARK - Confirmed
TIMING - uh oh.... Start looking at all your wonderful sensors. It has to be here. I'm also willing to bet that none of the sensors are faulty They were working fine in the donor. So should still be unless damaged and it will be physical damage you can see. I'd lay my money on a wiring problem potentially at the ECU

Perry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 TJ Magna Sports
8V WHILE cranking is awesome. Starter motor draws MASSIVE amounts of current, especially when the solenoid first engages.

Simple rule mate, to make the engine run, you need four things..
AIR - Presuming you don't have a rag shoved up the TB... should be good
FUEL - Confirmed
SPARK - Confirmed
TIMING - uh oh.... Start looking at all your wonderful sensors. It has to be here. I'm also willing to bet that none of the sensors are faulty They were working fine in the donor. So should still be unless damaged and it will be physical damage you can see. I'd lay my money on a wiring problem potentially at the ECU

been over the wring in the engine bay and everything thing seams to be all good. haven't done the dash wiring yet. it keeps throwing the a code ( DTC 31 via the tech 1 tool). been reading up on this and don't really under stand it

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
It could be the PCMs immobilisor, if its not connected to its original BCM correctly it wont run.

It wont inject fuel if this is the case, so make sure that the injectors are clicking while you wind. YOu may need to send the Memcal off to have the anti-theft turned off.

The VR pump will run the engine fine, it just wont be able to supply enough fuel at high load at high revs.

Perry

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 TJ Magna Sports
It could be the PCMs immobilisor, if its not connected to its original BCM correctly it wont run.

It wont inject fuel if this is the case, so make sure that the injectors are clicking while you wind. YOu may need to send the Memcal off to have the anti-theft turned off.

The VR pump will run the engine fine, it just wont be able to supply enough fuel at high load at high revs.

We used the ecu and Bcm out of the statesman