Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 flywheel and clutch kit

JKIDD

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs/Vr L67
Hi guy,
So I've got an l67 that I'm hoping to drop in to my T5 gear box (Buick bell housing), does the T5 bolt straight on to the back of the l67?
and what sort of clutch and flywheel can I use, are they the same as a standard echo tech?

VS Work Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 series 2 VS V6 ute
Try Blue steel clutch and flywheel kit from Zoom Auto parts Phone: 1300 787 986 They were very helpful with me. The single mass flywheel in the kit is lighter than the standard dual mass flywheel also.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
^^^The single mass replacement for the Getrag will not work with the T5.

You need to use a VS S1 flywheel or have a Buick flywheel rebalanced for the L67/Ecotec to use a T5. Other than that bolt patterns and T5 clutches will be the same across the board.

Last edited:

VS Work Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 series 2 VS V6 ute
If you go ahead with it, just ask about the bolt pattern on the crank for the flywheel. In my case one of the holes is offset so the flywheel can only go on one way as its weighted/balanced for the engine. You can get all but two bolts to line up. Keep rotating until you find the right pattern or measure the hole gaps. Not sure if it is the case for you, but something to look for, at first I thought they sent out the wrong flywheel or was on the piss when they drilled it.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
L67 has a weight on the flywheel and harmonic balancer to offset the extra weight in the conrods.
You require the correct flywheel or you need a conversion clutch.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
L67 has a weight on the flywheel and harmonic balancer to offset the extra weight in the conrods.
You require the correct flywheel or you need a conversion clutch.

Do you mean flexplate? Because there is no "correct" L67 flywheel, it was never factory manual. Is a conversion clutch in this case weighted differently somehow? Otherwise It's essentially Ecotec fitment so regular clutches work fine.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Do you mean flexplate? Because there is no "correct" L67 flywheel, it was never factory manual. Is a conversion clutch in this case weighted differently somehow? Otherwise It's essentially Ecotec fitment so regular clutches work fine.
The standard l36 flywheel is weighted for l36 so weight will need to be added for l67.