Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
I have an l67 with 2 cylinders reading 60psi. I'm just wondering if 2 down cylinders and random misfiring on the 2 would be the cause of high fuel consumption? Averaging around 17l per 100? If I get the cylinders fixed will my economy dramatically increase or would something else be causing it to be so high? Thanks

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
How many times you going to ask the same question lol 2 cylinders are ducked should be 150psi plus these 2 arnt making bugger all power and making the others work harder robbing even more power

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
How many times you going to ask the same question lol 2 cylinders are ducked should be 150psi plus these 2 arnt making bugger all power and making the others work harder robbing even more power
Had to ask again because I've been given different info from mates and stuff getting kinda confused on what to think :///

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Some say 17l per 100 is heaps for what's wrong with it and some say that it's normal for what's wrong

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
My tired old n/a vx averages around 13.7 -13.9 so its not like you'e totally horrendous fuel use but those 2 cylinders are pretty much dead

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Alright cool. Just not sure if theres other issues causing the high usage or if it's just because of compression is all
My tired old n/a vx averages around 13.7 -13.9 so its not like you'e totally horrendous fuel use but those 2 cylinders are pretty much dead

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Can' even find any other causes when the engines currently stuffed it needs fixed the more you drive it the more expensive it will get to fix if the cause of the lack of compression is doing more damage.if the rings are broken its gonna be eating the bores if the headgaskets gone its gonna be eating the block away and need a full teardown to surface the block faces black to flat you could even just have a bit of headgasket or other material stuck on a couple of valves holding them just off fully seated will lose a lot of comp