Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 fuel pump into n/a ecotec help

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
Ok i got a l67 full fuel pump/sender assembley out of a vt that i would like to put into my recently supercharged vy ecotec.
I'm no wiz at this stuff so bare with me.

Does the whole assembly go straight into where my old assembley was, or is it a totaly different size?

Apparently i can run the l67 pump without a fuel controller like they have in a factory l67 car. The full pump therefore runs @ 100% duty cycle all the time instead of 2 stages. I want to know to how to go about this and what needs to happen with wiring?

Ive also heard i need a bigger swirl pot as the factory n/a one isnt big enough? This is where my noobness really comes in. Swirl pot? what is it, where is it and how do i go about making it bigger?

All help or better ideas for fuel delivery appreciated.

cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 l67 commodore berlina
Ok i got a l67 full fuel pump/sender assembley out of a vt that i would like to put into my recently supercharged vy ecotec.
I'm no wiz at this stuff so bare with me.

Does the whole assembly go straight into where my old assembley was, or is it a totaly different size?

Apparently i can run the l67 pump without a fuel controller like they have in a factory l67 car. The full pump therefore runs @ 100% duty cycle all the time instead of 2 stages. I want to know to how to go about this and what needs to happen with wiring?

Ive also heard i need a bigger swirl pot as the factory n/a one isnt big enough? This is where my noobness really comes in. Swirl pot? what is it, where is it and how do i go about making it bigger?

All help or better ideas for fuel delivery appreciated.

cheers
hows it goin,did u work out your dilemma? i suppose u did its been a while. why im writting to u , is i hav a factory L67 & an looking 2 change the fuel pump, but what i dont know is r the l67 pumps any different 2 an ecotech pump? my manuel is a bit vaig, just saying somthimg about the sender unit in the pump cant b replaced on its own, u hav 2 replace the whole unit. or that is what i think it said. any help would b appreicated.thank u

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
but what i dont know is r the l67 pumps any different 2 an ecotech pump?

Yes they are different. They fit in the same though, you just replace it as one.