Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 into vy berlina

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
Ok so my mates got a vy berlina echo tech v6. He's just picked up a l67 super 6 with the gearbox and LSD out of a vx Calais. Just wondering if I need to get a new loom and computer or can the old one be flashed? Also what else will I need to finish the conversion. I'm helping him convert it obviously. I know everything lines up fine for a straight enough swap over. Just wondering what issues I may run into.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
You can use your loom and just extend the wires as needed as some sensors are in different positions.
You can also use your PCM and get a supercharged tune burnt to it. If you have basic computer skills you can do it yourself.

Every thing else should be fine.

Big E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss s2
Thanks heaps. I'm terrible with wiring lol. Does anyone know a place in Townsville that would be able to do this?

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
I would give it a go mate quite easy.

Put the motor in place then lay the loom over the motor and see what needs to be extended then place two bits of tape over the wire you need to cut with a good gap between them and then cut between the tape.
do one or two wires at a time solder and heat shrink the cable, I taped mine also for good measure...
If you have to cut two wires say on the same plug just stagger the cuts a bit so you don't get one place in the loom with a big hump of joins in one position.

If you take your time its very easy, what I did also was get a rubbish loom and cut the wires from that so you can us the correct colour which will make fault finding easier down the track if need be.

its really only 5 to 8 cables depending on the way you run the loom

If you really don't want to do it any auto elec should be able to do it