Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] L67 M90 Bypass

AnuchaVTS

Tattoo Artist
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
99 VTS L67
Hey i know this question has popped up many times these last 15 years or so but anyways im asking.

M90 Boost Bypass Mod - Is it actually safe to run the bypass mod even tho there is no Vacuum pressure being thrown out ?

All my previous cars have been Turbo cars from Supras , skylines etc etc you name it..
And i have seen many people by pass their turbo IE - GATED ... and after while their turbos crap it self or they do some internal damage.

So while ive read many people bypass their M90 that leads me to think where does that Excess boost pressure get thrown out??

Thanks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Your only bypassing the solenoid which is controlled by the PCM and prone to leak/fail. The actual bypass valve/actuator still functions.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disabling the bypass valve is not recommended. I'd leave it alone and just stick to bypassing the solenoid as they are what cause boost issues.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
There's a guide on l67torque.

Essentially you want to just remove both hoses that lead down to the solenoid, you can unbolt and remove the solenoid too if you like. The free port left on the bottom of the actuator you can leave open but it's a good idea to use some stocking to cover it and stop debris getting in. The free port left on the supercharger needs to be blocked or it makes a good place to connect a boost gauge.

BradsL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais supercharged
Did SweetWagon's suggestion an got 2 or 3 psi more, thankyou

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vx commofore
I did the soleniode delete but I still have the accuator connected to it n ran sweet renews my thermostat today n the hose from accuator to solenoid broke now the car ideals at 600 n almost stalls how do I remove the accuator to get to the little elbow to remove n replace it ?