Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l67 manifold insulators + extra boost

russellvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Super6 S
Hey Mace,
Have a few questions on your opinion on boost with the l67.
I am looking to fit a 10psi pulley, high ratio rockers, CAI, and manifold insulators.
I have read not to go over 10 psi, but if I add a 5% overdrive balancer, that makes it around 12 psi?
Is that going too much for those mods, I hear it starts to over drive the m90s efficiency. However would the insulators you make help correct that problem? Or would you still just recommend 10 psi. (ie nomal size balancer)
Also what sizes of the 3 various insulators do you recommend for the l67, and is there clearance issues?

MACE

Reaction score
Hey russellvx,

In regards to your questions/statements…

“Have a few questions on your opinion on boost with the l67.
I am looking to fit a 10psi pulley, high ratio rockers, CAI, and manifold insulators.
I have read not to go over 10 psi, but if I add a 5% overdrive balancer, that makes it around 12 psi?”

That’s correct.

“Is that going too much for those mods, I hear it starts to over drive the m90s efficiency. However would the insulators you make help correct that problem?
The supercharger insulators we sell would help a little but not enough. The intercoolers we have on offer would certainly help

“Or would you still just recommend 10 psi. (ie nomal size balancer) Also what sizes of the 3 various insulators do you recommend for the l67, and is there clearance issues?”
Unless your balancer needs to be replaced I wouldn’t worry about replacing it. As for going higher then 10psi I suppose it depends on what your budget is, bang for buck though I would just stick with a 10psi upgrade now until you start getting hungry for more again :p

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Steve