Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 manual conversion T56

Bowman.jesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L
Hey everyone

I've recently bought an L67 that I am rebuilding and going to put into my VY sedan. I want to run a t56 gearbox for it, but don't know about the wiring harness side of things, cause the L67 only came out in an auto right? so is there an aftermarket wiring harness I can buy so I could run a manual?
also, the flywheel, and clutch, do I need to get a custom one to suit or something?

any other advice would be appreciated, cheers in advanced

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No manual wiring harness available that I know off so you will need to modify your one.

You will need to get and ecotec flywheel and have it mirror balanced to the original flex plate. Clutch wise I'm not 100% sure but confirm what the input shaft spline count is on the T56 and compare with the T5 as it might be different in which case you will need a V6 pressure plate but get a drive plate with the correct center to suit the T56 input shaft. Not sure if there is an off the shelf kit to suit.

Y

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Try getting in touch with Dane from corn fed boost, he runs a t56 in his turbo Ecotec.

Bowman.jesse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8L
No manual wiring harness available that I know off so you will need to modify your one.

You will need to get and ecotec flywheel and have it mirror balanced to the original flex plate. Clutch wise I'm not 100% sure but confirm what the input shaft spline count is on the T56 and compare with the T5 as it might be different in which case you will need a V6 pressure plate but get a drive plate with the correct center to suit the T56 input shaft. Not sure if there is an off the shelf kit to suit.

Y
Thanks mate, with the modification on the wiring harness, have you done it before, how complicated would it be?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I've not done it but you will need the speed sensor wiring and reverse light switch wiring.