Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 mods need advice.

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
Hey guys.

I plan on putting a 2.8inch (16psi) pulley for my Vt 98.
Im getting the funds together and will be getting MACE's A2A intercooler kit and i would like to know other possible upgrades down the track before the pulley is installed and the tune is done.

thanks in advance

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
High ratio rockers are essential if you're going to spend on a tune. Twin 2.25" exhaust, twin 2.5" if you like noise

Blower and LIM port along with some cool mods Mace do to the A2A plate are a big help with cracking an easy 220rwkw with a better torque spread

An LSD diff otherwise it will be useless power

A2A is a great way to go but will need a Mafless tune to make it drive properly. Some guys try Maf and they just don't cut it

A 2.55" pulley will be better too. Spin the charger hard and the A2A will easily take care of it to make a happy engine

MACE

Reaction score
Hi LazyGamer,

Thank you for your enquiry:

"I plan on putting a 2.8inch (16psi) pulley for my Vt 98.
Im getting the funds together and will be getting MACE's A2A intercooler kit and i would like to know other possible upgrades down the track before the pulley is installed and the tune is done."
To give you an idea as to some possible L67 upgrades, please refer to the link below

L67 Performance Packages

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore

Thanks for the Info Charged.

thanks Steve, for a the help
just got the intercooler and CAI from you guys too.

at the moment im kind of wondering about one thing about the yerra terra pulley kit i got from last year.
i was given the 10psi pulley + a idler pulley too. Would the idler pulley be able to work MACE's 19psi pulley kit?

MACE

Reaction score
"thanks Steve, for a the help
just got the intercooler and CAI from you guys too."

No problem.

"at the moment im kind of wondering about one thing about the yerra terra pulley kit i got from last year.
i was given the 10psi pulley + a idler pulley too. Would the idler pulley be able to work MACE's 19psi pulley kit?"

It would however the supplied belt would likely not be suitable.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You could also rebuilt the blower (new bearings and seals etc) and fit some of the MACE lighted rotor packs. Lightened rotors have less parasitic drag (takes less power to turn them) and come with a new coating with seems to be more efficient. Ideal for a high psi build.

As mentioned above, if going A2A you may as well fit the smallest pulley possible.

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
yeah ill be adding Mace's A2A cooler.
is there anything else other then the Roller rockets i would need to install to go with the 2.25mm pulley?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
You need to machine the snout down to fit the 2.55" pulley but MACE has a loan tool to do that. Fairly easy to do, do it at the same time as you fit his modular to suit the small pulley.

MACE

Reaction score
In regards to our pulley upgrades for the M90, anything smaller then a 2.8" pulley will require the snout to be machined down. Fortunately with the tool that we offer, it can easily be done with the supercharger in situ, taking around 10min to do :)

LazyGamer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
:spot on:

Hey Steve. thanks for all the help so far.
just got one more question for you.

with the High ratio roller rockers. Would you need a tune after installing them? ive looked everywhere on this forum and i cant find the answer.
and with 1.9:1 ratio... Would i need to upgrade the valve springs?