Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
okay I'm putting the belt back on the l67 and it's rubbing. If I put a 3" pulley on the end under the coil the belt won't fit. Idk what's wrong with it at all. I've never had this engine eunnimg before either I bought it and rebuilt it a couple months back so I assume the guy before be messed with something. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 2,756

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Looking at this picture of a tensioner from Mace, your idlers are the wrong way around.
So the small one under the coils needs to go to near the harmonic balancer, the one from next to the harmonic balancer needs to go to the tensioner, and the one that's currently on the tensioner needs to become the idler.
tn608_front.jpg

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Looking at this picture of a tensioner from Mace, your idlers are the wrong way around.
So the small one under the coils needs to go to near the harmonic balancer, the one from next to the harmonic balancer needs to go to the tensioner, and the one that's currently on the tensioner needs to become the idler.
tn608_front.jpg

When changing them over with other ones I had the 2 up top as 3" and the one near the balancer as 3.5" yet the belt still rubs. I have no idea what's going on

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
So I've realised that the picture is upside down on Mace's site and that the way said won't work due to ribbing. Seems like you've got a couple of random idlers on there, probably from the regular serpentine belt. The pulley near the harmonic balancer and the non-tensioned idler need to be swapped, but they also need to be swapped for ribbing, so you should have a small smooth idler and a ribbed larger plastic one as in the pic.

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
So I've realised that the picture is upside down on Mace's site and that the way said won't work due to ribbing. Seems like you've got a couple of random idlers on there, probably from the regular serpentine belt. The pulley near the harmonic balancer and the non-tensioned idler need to be swapped, but they also need to be swapped for ribbing, so you should have a small smooth idler and a ribbed larger plastic one as in the pic.
So what do I do about the the double idler near the harmonic balancer?

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Scrath that too. It's almost like the bottom pulleys aren't close enough to the water pump -
imageuploadedbytapatalk1365406378-724760-jpg.159508

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
That's an Ecotec with a blower on top

Ad says it's not - https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/v6-supercharged-l67-engine-sold.215841/

Anyway the bottom pulley location shouldn't change between the two because it's also a point for the regular serpentine belt which is the same on both engines. Speaking of which, does the regular belt fit? Pretty sure your bottom pulley is misaligned or bolted on in the wrong place, looks waaay too close to the A/C compressor, or it could be using some random idler bracket.

Better image -
pulleys_v6-jpg.62897

Last edited:

Tidy Stato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman v6 supercharged C
have you touched the power steering pump at all... only cause my belt sqealed its tits of after fitting my pump back on.
the mounting bolts were tightened up and about 2mm out of alignment. ...
"just a bit of info thats all"

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
have you touched the power steering pump at all... only cause my belt sqealed its tits of after fitting my pump back on.
the mounting bolts were tightened up and about 2mm out of alignment. ...
"just a bit of info thats all"

Supercharger belt doesn't touch power steering. 2mm aint gonna fix the two sides of that belt touching, lol.