Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l67 parts for ecotec ?

Discussion in 'Mace Engineering' started by matthew2101, Mar 5, 2013.

1. matthew2101

matthew2101 New Member

Members Ride:
    Calais vy s2
    hey mate ive got a vy s2 calais and what to do a engine swap to the l67, anyway just want to know what parts work with the ecotec and the l67, then when i do the engine swap i can just put on the l67 thanks

2. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Hey Matt,

Thank you for your inquiry.

"Hi I'm thinking of doing a l67 conversion in my vy ute. Besides the engine, loom and ecu what else has to be changed?"

Assuming you get an L67 engine from a VT-VY, then it will bolt straight up, however you’ll need to make sure that you use the original flex plate that came with the L67 engine, given that they’re an externally balanced engine.

You will also need to run the factory L67 intake duct

Ideally you would also want to run twin cats, like the factory L67 engine. In saying this though, if you have a late series 2 Calais, you may already have these fitted

Please note that you can still run your current wiring loom and computer, however your loom will need to be slightly modified and you’ll need either a custom tune or mail order tune to suit. The later, we can supply depending on your mods

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
    Steve

3. matthew2101

matthew2101 New Member

Members Ride:
    Calais vy s2
    good to know all that and yes i have twin cats i think 2004, but what im asking is can i run 1.9:1 roller rockers or
    a l67 Throttle body on a ecotec while im building the rest of the car ?

4. 5speedvx

5speedvx New Member

Members Ride:
    vx ss
    the Mace 1.9:1 rockers, throttle body and Cai all fit the L36 and L67 engines

5. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

Doh! The answer is yes :)

6. matthew2101

matthew2101 New Member

Members Ride:
    Calais vy s2
    thanks mate whats the best way to order

7. matthew2101

matthew2101 New Member

Members Ride:
    Calais vy s2
    but ill start with the Throttle body and what other mods can u suggest also, are there roller rockers i can run with bigger cams, and i know u dont sell em, and i know (well i think ) headers have to suit the l67, but what about exhaust system.

8. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

What every is easiest for you, off our site, email, PM or over the phone

We can supply you with custom ratio rockers, however depending on the cam you have, money could probably be spent elsewhere

We don't sell exhaust systems sadly

In regards to performance upgrades for the L67, check out the link below

L67 SUPERCHARGED PERFORMANCE KITS

Kindest Regards,
    Steve

9. matthew2101

matthew2101 New Member

Members Ride:
    Calais vy s2
    so with the custom ratio rockers, can u suggest a cam and what price would i be looking at for the custom ratio rockers also what sort of power output and could i run em with the stock L36 thanks mate

10. Kiddo

Kiddo You're serious bro?!

Members Ride:
    Mitsubishi Colt
    Try not to focus too much on the ecotec :) You are planning on swapping it after all lol

Id suggest getting all the exhaust/intake sorted on the Ecotec because they should be interchangeable. Do rockers/cams and any other internals directly on the L67 while its out. Saves you from opening/closing one engine, just to do the same again on another.

11. matthew2101

matthew2101 New Member

Members Ride:
    Calais vy s2
    thanks mate, done well pay for all the exhaust apart form cats (think im gona wait for l67 for those ) and buy my intake stuff this week,(also might get that this arvo how do i order so it all come in one ) just wanted to know, also dont plan to do cam yet just rockers and is that easy diy mod ? also probs just gona buy a car with a l67 in it so its gona be swap and might keep a few mods on the ecotec will have to see tho, also u cant do Inlet Manifolds on the l67 right (REVERSE SINGLE-THROTTLE PLENUM TO SUIT ECOTEC V6) was thinking of getting one for L36

12. MACE

MACE Well-Known Member

“thanks mate, done well pay for all the exhaust apart form cats (think im gona wait for l67 for those ) and buy my intake stuff this week,(also might get that this arvo how do i order so it all come in one ) just wanted to know, also dont plan to do cam yet just rockers and is that easy diy mod?”
    You can order the parts off our website, via PM/email or over the phone. The rockers are an easy DIY mod

“also probs just gona buy a car with a l67 in it so its gona be swap and might keep a few mods on the ecotec will have to see tho, also u cant do Inlet Manifolds on the l67 right (REVERSE SINGLE-THROTTLE PLENUM TO SUIT ECOTEC V6) was thinking of getting one for L36”
    You can, however you would have to run an L36 manifold assembly and block off the injector ports in the L67 heads

Kindest Regards,
    Steve