Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l67 parts for ecotec ?

matthew2101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais vy s2
hey mate ive got a vy s2 calais and what to do a engine swap to the l67, anyway just want to know what parts work with the ecotec and the l67, then when i do the engine swap i can just put on the l67 thanks

MACE

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

Thank you for your inquiry.

"Hi I'm thinking of doing a l67 conversion in my vy ute. Besides the engine, loom and ecu what else has to be changed?"

Assuming you get an L67 engine from a VT-VY, then it will bolt straight up, however you’ll need to make sure that you use the original flex plate that came with the L67 engine, given that they’re an externally balanced engine.

You will also need to run the factory L67 intake duct

Ideally you would also want to run twin cats, like the factory L67 engine. In saying this though, if you have a late series 2 Calais, you may already have these fitted

Please note that you can still run your current wiring loom and computer, however your loom will need to be slightly modified and you’ll need either a custom tune or mail order tune to suit. The later, we can supply depending on your mods

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

matthew2101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais vy s2
good to know all that and yes i have twin cats i think 2004, but what im asking is can i run 1.9:1 roller rockers or
a l67 Throttle body on a ecotec while im building the rest of the car ?

5speedvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
the Mace 1.9:1 rockers, throttle body and Cai all fit the L36 and L67 engines

matthew2101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais vy s2
thanks mate whats the best way to order

matthew2101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais vy s2
but ill start with the Throttle body and what other mods can u suggest also, are there roller rockers i can run with bigger cams, and i know u dont sell em, and i know (well i think ) headers have to suit the l67, but what about exhaust system.

MACE

Reaction score
thanks mate whats the best way to order
What every is easiest for you, off our site, email, PM or over the phone

but ill start with the Throttle body and what other mods can u suggest also, are there roller rockers i can run with bigger cams, and i know u dont sell em, and i know (well i think ) headers have to suit the l67, but what about exhaust system.
We can supply you with custom ratio rockers, however depending on the cam you have, money could probably be spent elsewhere

We don't sell exhaust systems sadly

In regards to performance upgrades for the L67, check out the link below

L67 SUPERCHARGED PERFORMANCE KITS

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Kindest Regards,
Steve

matthew2101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais vy s2
so with the custom ratio rockers, can u suggest a cam and what price would i be looking at for the custom ratio rockers also what sort of power output and could i run em with the stock L36 thanks mate

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
so with the custom ratio rockers, can u suggest a cam and what price would i be looking at for the custom ratio rockers also what sort of power output and could i run em with the stock L36 thanks mate

Try not to focus too much on the ecotec :) You are planning on swapping it after all lol

Id suggest getting all the exhaust/intake sorted on the Ecotec because they should be interchangeable. Do rockers/cams and any other internals directly on the L67 while its out. Saves you from opening/closing one engine, just to do the same again on another.