Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 Pulley upgrade

superCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S/C
hey Guys...

I have been looking at the pulley upgrades out there for the super six's and noticed that there are two options out there that are cheaper than FIT's $534 package.. the first is the option to buy the pulley and use a press to fit it, i thinks its about $190 or so, just wanted to see if anyone has tried it and how it went?

Then there is one at holmart.com.au where it costs $398 but you need to buy the pulley romoval tool, is there another way I can remove the pulley with out having to fork out $200 for the pulley removal tool?

Cheers Guys!

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Yella Terra press on pulley is the go. You can remove the snout from the charger and use a bearing press if the tool is out of reach for you.

There are plenty of blokes around with the tools on the forums, maybe post a wanted to borrow ad?

Raging Bull

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pack L67
I've spoken to Holmart about that pulley package, he said even he reckons it's a rip off and can't remember ever selling one. The Yella Terra ones are the cheapest or maybe check out zzperformance American website, same stuff for the same engine but much cheaper.

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Mate I did the Yella Terra10psi pulley up grade awhile ago, I didn't have the tool to take the pulley off but my mechanic contacted Yella Terra direct and bought one through them. So ask around the mechanics in your area to see if any one has the tool.
Its a great upgrade to, you will be very happy when its done.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
go for the mace product.

sandbar1000

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s/c spak
yella terra where doing a change over a while back, when i did mine, cost me 220.

gave them the old one, the gave me the new one..

the difference with the 500 buck jobs is the snout is tottaly remanufactured, and has bigger bearings etc..... to cope with the greater loads that are \\placed on it due to the constant higher reving,,,,....

davo.....

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I use the mace pulley havent had any problems

MACE

Reaction score
Well it depends on what you want out of your car now and later on down the track.

For instance if you never plan on running an intercooler or getting a custom tune then your best option might be to get the YT press on pulley

However if you decide you want more boost down the track, then bang for buck you can't go past a modular pulley setup.

If not, it may work out being more expensive if you had to replace the press on pulley because you want more boost down the track.

We supply these boost upgrade kits for $295, including the loan of the pulley removal and installation tool.

The factory snouts are plenty strong, strong enough to last powering cars in making over 400hp at the treads in the US, and other high end competition cars here locally :)

Last edited: