Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 rear main seal

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Hey everybody!

Got a curious one for you, just to see if anyone knows before I ring Holden back and ask them during daylight hours.

I've got an L67 and I bought a new rear engine plate for it from Holden. It comes with the rear main seal installed already, but it's actually in backwards. Is this intentional?

The plate is a replacement item... it's thicker than the original because they all used to leak, so I'm happy about that, but how come the seal is in it ass-about?

BTW, the L67 is going in the misses' VR ute. It has the matching tranny with it as well. I had put it into a VS SII for her, but she wanted a ute, so I'm moving it over. It's getting the electric seats that came from the donor Statesman as well, plus other things to tidy it up.

I have also made it a condition that if I do the job, it gets dual exhausts. It already has dual cats so I think it's criminal if I don't carry that all the way through to the back.

Should be pretty fun when it's done.

Cheers,

Dan

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
Righto, got my answer, if anyone cares.

Spoke to Terry at Penrith Holden, and he told me the engineers found that the seal actually just worked better in backwards, so that's how they install it now.

Cheers,

Dan

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Righto, got my answer, if anyone cares.

Spoke to Terry at Penrith Holden, and he told me the engineers found that the seal actually just worked better in backwards, so that's how they install it now.

Cheers,

Dan
Or holden put it in backwards orig :D

DavesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
^^ damn you that's why I couldn't put wozza as my user name -.- haha sorry irrelevant I know

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
^^ damn you that's why I couldn't put wozza as my user name -.- haha sorry irrelevant I know

LOL I was surprised it was still available..normally I have to use au_wozza wozza_au w0zza wo33a :D ....

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina

He joined after you, so I doubt that...

DavesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Yeah I checked that, doesn't explain why I couldn't use it tho?