Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 Rebuild ideas

ramixu6

Reaction score
Members Ride
xu6 hsv 2000
So im considering building up an l67 looking for around 450hp.
Anyone already done this?
im trying to avoid installing a intercool for the moment but in the near future have one
looking for a rough price and ideas people have...
Cheers

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
im trying to avoid installing a intercool for the moment but in the near future have one
looking for a rough price and ideas people have...
Cheers

What's your budget and will you do the build and fitment or pay someone? Stock reco you will be looking at $4-4.5k plus fitment.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You will struggle to get that much power with the M90 let alone unintercooled. Got a particular usage or are you just aiming for an arbitrary number?

Have a look at the L67torque forum if you're not a member there already.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You will struggle to get that much power with the M90 let alone unintercooled. Got a particular usage or are you just aiming for an arbitrary number?

Have a look at the L67torque forum if you're not a member there already.

It's achievable with the right budget. Trouble is people don't realise the cost to build such an engine. When they find out we rarely hear from them again. I'd take a stab at about $15k for the build. Similar money you can fit an LS.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I retract that statement. You can look at Desicrate's build, but it's extremely involved and uses E85. The E85 brings a whole new level of complexity to the build as you need to use an aftermarket ECU which largely means you need to do a custom engine loom too.