Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 rebuild - What do you need for a hybrid intercool setup on l67

H

harrop.senator

That post was absolutely not helpful to me at all , so I can't really be helpful in return.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
If you want the best/ultimate setup than a mix of A2A and W2A is the way to go. Use the A2A plate under the blower but run it through a W2A core instead of the A2A core out the front of the car as this greatly reduces the length of charge pipe.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Calm down!

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
If you want the best/ultimate setup than a mix of A2A and W2A is the way to go. Use the A2A plate under the blower but run it through a W2A core instead of the A2A core out the front of the car as this greatly reduces the length of charge pipe.
that's what I want to do that's the hybrid aye, I heard about that I just dont know what to buy or where to start could you help me outa bit of where to go maybe we can have a phone call if you got time. I want a hybrid setup I was told that's the best thing to do I just dont know where to start as I dont know anything at all about mechanics btw im getting a friend who knows everything about engines to do it for me he's very good at what he does can do anything. when I was 17 he changed my gear box in my pulsar on jack stands on side of road in the rain in 15 mins by himself his a gun.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
There is no kit as such for a hybrid A2A/W2A system. People who have done it have made it up themselves.

Your best bet is to find a my ride thread for an L67 with the mods you want and see how they did it.

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
Do you already have high ratio rockers?
I have ultra high ratio rocker, stage 2 cam package camshaft 608 from mace. and yes it can go with ultra high ratio rocker look t up or call mace im not the engineer I got told by them it can be done. would you like have a chat somewhere else I feel you have the answers im looking for and I got some issues with some jealous people in this car community obviously from other posts I have had trouble on other pages with people just being genuine groks I feel. so id prefer not use this forum or other pages associated to these people as I have bad anger issues and am slightly psychotic

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
I have ultra high ratio rocker, stage 2 cam package camshaft 608 from mace. and yes it can go with ultra high ratio rocker look t up or call mace im not the engineer I got told by them it can be done. would you like have a chat somewhere else I feel you have the answers im looking for and I got some issues with some jealous people in this car community obviously from other posts I have had trouble on other pages with people just being genuine groks I feel. so id prefer not use this forum or other pages associated to these people as I have bad anger issues and am slightly psychotic
Iforgot to mention I also have a throttle body to go on car 72mm I think to me try and the 8rib harmonic conversion. all im looking for is th best intercooler where I won't have to buy another one cause after this im putting forged pistons in it that's next after all this and ill be porting supercharger

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
There is no kit as such for a hybrid A2A/W2A system. People who have done it have made it up themselves.

Your best bet is to find a my ride thread for an L67 with the mods you want and see how they did it.
I know someone who did it that's whose telling me to do it this way his just old and bait retarded when it comes to computer and communication ill see how I go I just want someone to show me what to buy cause it gets quite annoying when you keep buying the wrong stuff and having to resell it that's what happens atm

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I know the parts. The reason I ask is I don't think Crow make the best cam grinds for the L67. IMHO you are better off using stock ratio rockers and a better cam shaft that high ratio rockers/crow cam.

Personally, for an all out built I would be looking at the MACE comp cams stage 2 cam, also known as the XP cam as minimum.

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
I know the parts. The reason I ask is I don't think Crow make the best cam grinds for the L67. IMHO you are better off using stock ratio rockers and a better cam shaft that high ratio rockers/crow cam.

Personally, for an all out built I would be looking at the MACE comp cams stage 2 cam, also known as the XP cam as minimum.
bro I got the cam from mace they work with crow cam so technically I have made my own cam as no one had stock so I called mace no cam shafts told me to call crow they had none to not even billets to grind so what I did was got onto to tighe cams got them to grind me a billet then sent it to crow cam to Finnish which mace get there's from crow cam rest of the kit and parts I've got from mace.