Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 rebuild - What do you need for a hybrid intercool setup on l67

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Have you spoken with the guys at MACE about what you want to achieve? I believe they have some reasonably knowledgeable people there who may be able to guide you on a complete package rather than ordering piece by piece etc.

It may also pay to find a machine shop/mechanic who is familiar with the L67 to talk too.

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
I know the parts. The reason I ask is I don't think Crow make the best cam grinds for the L67. IMHO you are better off using stock ratio rockers and a better cam shaft that high ratio rockers/crow cam.

Personally, for an all out built I would be looking at the MACE comp cams stage 2 cam, also known as the XP cam as minimum.
that's the story of my cam hahah. its taken bait but ye I've been through a hell of a time with it its new cam they have made. I've spoken with the engeniers they said it'll be roughly the same down low but ill get more out of it up high. that's just what they have said lets see what happens everything is trial and error. butte heard of someone else doing this and it went well.

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
Have you spoken with the guys at MACE about what you want to achieve? I believe they have some reasonably knowledgeable people there who may be able to guide you on a complete package rather than ordering piece by piece etc.

It may also pay to find a machine shop/mechanic who is familiar with the L67 to talk too.
yea man as I said before mace passed me onto crow cam only reason im talking to them at all is because they have my cam and are finishing it and mace have instructed me too. and mace say get the mega blizzard but no stock otherwise id just get it then there is a good new fella terra one that's double plate or something that looks good but ye I dunno what to do

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately parts shortages are a real issue atm and there isn't much you can do but wait. Personally, rather than rushing the build with inferior parts, wait until what you want/need becomes available or you will end up doing things twice.

H

harrop.senator

HOW???? your just having a poke cause I dont know a lot and you can tell by the post you people are what's wrong with the car scene and why people dont want to do it. be a wanker like the others my question is legitiment how is it not im just asking what the best intercooler would be for me where I won't ave to replace latter pretty easy question others have seemed to get what I means I dont know how you haven't

Because you couldn't answer a single question I asked which can help with this query a lot.

WHAT DO YOU PLAN ON USING THE CAR FOR.

WHO WILL BE TUNING IT?

WILL YOU BE RETAINING STOCK COMPUTER OR USING A DIFFERENT BRAND.

Hopefully that helps , you can answer those things and I can maybe help.

The best intercooler set up for me , probably isn't the best intercooler set up for you.

If there was a clear cut simple best way of doing it there wouldn't be so many options.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
WTA sandwich plate under the blower with a interchiller cooling the WTA heat exchanger

Well that's one of a few things I'm building a budget

Disregard the removed video link, I posted the wrong link

Last edited:

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't think there is an interchiller for 2nd gen commodores/ L67 engines as such. Nothing is impossible though if you have enough time/$$$

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I don't think there is an interchiller for 2nd gen commodores/ L67 engines as such. Nothing is impossible though if you have enough time/$$$

Nah, nothing bolt on, it will need to be knocked up

The parts are out there, it's just coin, fabrication and patience

H

harrop.senator

Should have just got Tighe to finish grind it rather than double handling they are more than capable.

The reason he asked is because using a stock ratio rocker and getting all the lift from the cam is usually seen as a better alternative to the high ratio rocker and a custom cam to suit.

Usually if you've not already got the rocker you wouldn't buy the high ratio rocker cam.

You'd buy an xpz or an is3 cam and leave the pressed rocker or go to a 1.7 Yella .

If you already had the rockers , just gotta play the game and see how it goes.. it's not a common combination , most install rockers cause to lazy to swap the bump stick.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Only advantage I see is if AM rockers are roller.