Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 rebuild - What do you need for a hybrid intercool setup on l67

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
Should have just got Tighe to finish grind it rather than double handling they are more than capable.

The reason he asked is because using a stock ratio rocker and getting all the lift from the cam is usually seen as a better alternative to the high ratio rocker and a custom cam to suit.

Usually if you've not already got the rocker you wouldn't buy the high ratio rocker cam.

You'd buy an xpz or an is3 cam and leave the pressed rocker or go to a 1.7 Yella .

If you already had the rockers , just gotta play the game and see how it goes.. it's not a common combination , most install rockers cause to lazy to swap the bump stick.
tighe cams couldn't Finnish it they didn't have the right size things to do it they said I've spoken to mace and crow cam they said its all the same man. if I use it with standard rockers or not they said id get more out of it top end this way

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Only advantage I see is if AM rockers are roller.

Ecotec used the same style rocker as the LS motors (or is that the other way around.......)

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
WTA sandwich plate under the blower with a interchiller cooling the WTA heat exchanger

Well that's one of a few things I'm building a budget

Disregard the removed video link, I posted the wrong link
think ill look into interchiller thanks bro

colt45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx supercharged
what parts would I need to do a hybrid w2a setup I've been told this is best way to go with what I want to do.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Honestly if you're up in QLD I'd be hassling forum member peteinoz for intel on budget L67 setup & who is who up that way to buy parts from or do tuning etc....check out his build thread.

2 dudes up that way who do lot of L67 stuff were on faceballs.

Bazspec -Baz

Brushworks slick sixes -Bazil

* got names from peteinoz build thread....owner of many utes

Rappo Racing just got L67 vs sedan into 10's & Ace Performance Tuning has L67 vx with ton of work.

Ironically not really into v6 scene but cool to see what others are doing with them & delco tuning.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Please stop starting a new thread every time you have another question about modifying your L67. Please keep your questions to 1 thread.

Threads merged.