Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 + Rockers

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Hey guys,
Currently debating about getting some rockers for my rig but unsure what ratio I should be looking at. I was thinking bigger is better but thought some professional input might be helpful.

My current setup is VS Calais with motor from a VX (if memory serves me right) with the following:
MACE lightweight rotors
10PSI pulley
Ported LIM and charger
K&N 9" Pod Filter
Pacemaker extractors with larger y-piece into a high flow cat then 2.5" cat back.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
rockers , will suit forced induction size wise is up to you . I had 1:9.1 rockers on my VX which was N/A but still was a good upgrade plus they are something you can do yourself , as a tip I also had to get the Crow Cams push rods as well , as the stock ones were scuffing the castings in the head ,I say this as you have mentioned your engine is from a VX , you could go for the 69mm throttle body , and tune to suit as well , might I suggest getting in touch with Mace in Melbourne Steve down there will be more than happy to help I'm sure , plus as you're a member here you might get a good deal as well .

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
1.9 rockers are the go. Get a 69mm TB on there too with a tune to suit.

L67 hate intake restrictions.

How did you find the lightened rotors?

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
Thanks for the input guys, any reason you recommend the 1.9s? Seems like they are the most popular option so just curious.

I have been considering getting the 69mm TB as well but I have a T5 sitting at home waiting to go in so figured I would do that at the same time, save stuffing around with multiple tunes.

As for the lightended rotors, I can't really comment, I haven't ever driven a L67 without them as I got mine when I put the motor in as my rotor bearings were stuffed.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Primary reason I recommend the 1:91 rockers , is experience , had them on my VX with a few other bits as well , 69mm throttle body & tune , CAI, full exhaust.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi there,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you as we have been away for Easter.

"Currently debating about getting some rockers for my rig but unsure what ratio I should be looking at. I was thinking bigger is better but thought some professional input might be helpful."
No problems. In relation to rocker ratio, generally, bigger is better. The larger ratio does provide more lift, allowing the motor to produce more power.

"My current setup is VS Calais with motor from a VX (if memory serves me right) with the following:
MACE lightweight rotors
10PSI pulley
Ported LIM and charger
K&N 9" Pod Filter
Pacemaker extractors with larger y-piece into a high flow cat then 2.5" cat back."
Given you're certain the motor came out of a VX, then the rockers we recommend for your vehicle are shown below:

HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS FOR HOLDEN ECOTEC AND L67 V6 - Mace Engineering Group

ULTRA HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS FOR ECOTEC AND L67 V6 - Mace Engineering Group

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Jason