Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Okay so this is going to be my setup
L67 rebuilt with forged H Beam rods by mace, JE forged pistons, 10 PSI pulley, mace cold air intake, stage 2 shift kit, pacemaker extractors that go into 2 red back cats back into one 2 1/2 exhaust. All this in a VT Berlina. What kind of power and torque figures do you think this would Make? Much better than the stock ecotec I I originally had? Just wanted some opinions from people and what else you guys think I should add.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Any particular reason you are rebuilding the bottom end? The stock engine is capable of handling well over 400hp without needing to open it up.

MACE should be able to give you a rough idea of what power gains the various mods make but it will **** all over a stock ecotec no problems.

Stock the L67 makes 171kw/375nm of torque in the VT Vs 147kw/304Nm for the ecotec.

I'd suggest you also get the 69mm TB, fit a cooler 180°F (82°C) thermostat and get a tune to suit.

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Any particular reason you are rebuilding the bottom end? The stock engine is capable of handling well over 400hp without needing to open it up.

MACE should be able to give you a rough idea of what power gains the various mods make but it will **** all over a stock ecotec no problems.

Stock the L67 makes 171kw/375nm of torque in the VT Vs 147kw/304Nm for the ecotec.

I'd suggest you also get the 69mm TB, fit a cooler 180°F (82°C) thermostat and get a tune to suit.
Forgot to mention it has the mace thermostat lol. It's getting rebuilt because the previous owner destroyed a bearing and rod. Thanks :)

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1

Also what would the 69mm throttle body Do?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The stock throttle body is designed to dampen throttle response. If you have a look inside it you will see a raised section on one side that effectively keeps the butterfly covered on that side until you reach about 15% TPS to give a nice smooth throttle transition for your granny to drive the car.

If possible I'd try and track down another rod/piston as it may be a lot cheaper than those forged items. Those forged pistons/rods are major overkill for the upgrades you're talking about.

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
The stock throttle body is designed to dampen throttle response. If you have a look inside it you will see a raised section on one side that effectively keeps the butterfly covered on that side until you reach about 15% TPS to give a nice smooth throttle transition for your granny to drive the car.

If possible I'd try and track down another rod/piston as it may be a lot cheaper than those forged items. Those forged pistons/rods are major overkill for the upgrades you're talking about.
The ones that were in it when I had it were forged as well. Near impossible to find stock rods around

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Might as well upgrade the cam while it's all apart if you got the budget for it