Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67 top swap on ecotec bottom

C

Czarface

hey all,new guy here but long time l67 owner..
I just had my l67 rebuild done as I blew out bottom end,all we could find was an ecotec bottom so we swapped it out and it’s just fine and has been tuned awesome so no problem there,I want to put my old 1.9.8 roller rockers on up from my yella terra 1.7‘s but when we put the 1.7’s in on the Rebuild the og pushrpods wouldn’t fit so we had to put a set of ls1 pushrods in and they are perfect.. Now the thing I’m worried about now is if I go up to 1.9.8 will the 7.05 rods be ok or will they be wrong size now since it’s an ecotec top swap??? I assume the l67 heads are same as before so there shouldn’t be a change in pushrod length? If anyone else has done a top swap can you please shed some light on the subject? Thanks guys!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gosh that is terrible to try and read.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Don't know. I don't read every thread/post. I look for certain things when going over new posts/threads. If I tried to read everything I'd be here all day.

C

Czarface

Ok simple way to ask is what size pushrods will I need for 1.9.8 roller rockers on an ecotec top swap? I was trying to give a detailed explanation so its easy for people to understand as I’ve seen people get blown up on here for not doing so,this is why I haven’t come on here before as all I’ve been told is people on here like to give others **** and not actually answer anything, thanks for the no help,won’t bother asking again

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Talk to Mace who sell the kits.

C

Czarface

Already have andtheset I was sent DONT fit so hence why I’m here.. thanks anyway mate

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You need to measure the preload to determine if your current rods are the right length.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The push rods MACE supply with their 1.98 ratio rockers are standard length but slightly thinner as the 1.98 rocker has the push rod sitting much closer to the head casting causing them to rub IIRC.

Ecotec and L67 are dimensionally the same so parts are interchangeable except for the heads (machined for injectors), the rods/pistons and balancer/flex plate. If push rods don't fit then maybe you've machined or modified something?

YT rockers use a different length push rod to standard.

Sorry you have such bad feelings about the forum but your first post is bloody hard to read with the underlined text.