Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l67 vx to manual super6 help please !!!!!

juckesx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 supercharged
Hey long time reader first time poster

I have a vx berlina n/a v6, i have just brought a wrecked vt s pack super6 for a conversion,
i have pulled the engine out and at the moment it is pulled down i am going to re ring and rebuild, whilst it
is out i would love to throw a manual gearbox in behind it.

I have searched high and low for info on this and have struggled to find answers, i would love to know
what happens with the pcm should i use the super6 pcm and have the auto stuff erased ? if so how and where
or should i use the manual pcm and in that case will that run the s/c donk ok ?
i plan to use a gertrag box even though they are apparently weak i will be driving with respect (most of the time) and they do not need a bellhousing tinker.

I have heaps of pics of my build which i will post as soon as i get some progess
any help would be awsome as this has stumped me cheers
shaun

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
A stock manual n/a pcm will not get the most out of the L67, it will still think it's a N/A 6. You would need to get a proper tune to make them manual. It's stupid that Holden never made them manual! But that was done for a reason.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
google "mal wood conversions" and you should find some info on thier website. Your best bet will be a super 6 with either the t5 or the t56 i think the ls1 6speed box.

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
electronic automotive tuned a mate of mines car, 5sp man l67 with very good results, 195~rwkw no cooler :)

juckesx4

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx v6 supercharged
cheers boys thats awsome so the go is get the box in and use the man pcm and get it tuned to run the super6. makes sence !
thanks
shaun