Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

l67 wat to do?

Beny

Reaction score
Website
s654.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VS Commy V6
Hey guys just got a 2nd hand low km l67 to put in my vs. The plan is to leave it out for six months whilst i build it up to be a super 6.Im thinking so far is heavily ported and polished heads with new valves ,springs ect. Water to air intercooler.yellaterra snout upgrade with 12psi pulley.And have the auto shift kitted and 2500 stall converter.and full dyno tune after

Just looking for peoples opinions and tips coz i may be doing something silly or unessary but not looking to go over the 5k mark on mods.

cheers:yeah:

vs-6

Raptorcharged VS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pac V6
id spend a bit on the diff as well as. and the auto box will be taking a trashing especially with a stally
but yer there is a site called L67torque.com
justcomodores wont like me saying that but u might find a bit more info on that site.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
You'll need a decent exhaust before you start and if you are going intercooled you'll be able to run at least 77mm/14psi even with the smallest intercooler and 67-64mm/17-19psi with a stage 2 intercooler.

Beny

Reaction score
Website
s654.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VS Commy V6
Yea sorry thats wat i fogot to mention i already have a lsd in it with 3.45 gears atm and am going to have extractors going to my lukey 3inch cat bak. Does anyone know if ill get that much more outa the heads if i get em ported more arent the stock ones not to bad just wondering?

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
port the blower, u-bend, lower intake manifold. doing the heads will help. just depends how much you wanna spend.

Beny

Reaction score
Website
s654.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VS Commy V6
yep only a 2nd yr so not going to spend heaps im thinking spending like 5k but yea cant see me sticking to budget. i see on ur page u done the conversion to how did u go getting it in did u do it ur self? or did u get it done how much did u spend on gettin it installed if u got it done pro coz im umm ing an arr ing bout it did u have any problems droping it in or was it straight fowards bolt in? hav u had ur car on a dyno? wat u getting at the wheels

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
i put it in all myself, with help from my old man, everything just plugs straight in. i havnt got my car tuned yet (im waiting for my rotors to be modifyed) but i'm expecting to have around 270rwkw

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
i put it in all myself, with help from my old man, everything just plugs straight in. i havnt got my car tuned yet (im waiting for my rotors to be modifyed) but i'm expecting to have around 270rwkw

Still using the M90 and stock bottom end?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Koo's only gets 250+rwkw with lots of special bits plus cam, heads and huge 3" tark twin exhaust so 270rwkw might just be a tad optimistic unless you are using a whiplle or M112.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Koo's only gets 250+rwkw with lots of special bits plus cam, heads and huge 3" tark twin exhaust so 270rwkw might just be a tad optimistic unless you are using a whiplle or M112.

Exactly what I was thinking. The M90 can only go so far...