Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L67

Cumgetsom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx calais l67
Hey guys I have a vx calais l67 all stock lsd has had a boost delete runs mint but can someone tell me why they don’t like to be skidded and some good tips on them.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Hey guys I have a vx calais l67 all stock lsd has had a boost delete runs mint but can someone tell me why they don’t like to be skidded and some good tips on them.

Perhaps because GMH designed Calais with refinement and luxury in mind? They probably didn't envisage it becoming a mang-box 20yrs down the track.

+ the L67 is hardly a powerhouse for such a heavy car..

if you must skid it..diff gears..

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
yer diff gears and slicks help so would a good engine, think after 20years engine could be down on to much abuse and skids

ant797

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s
You might have traction control on some commies are fitted with traction control buttons on and off in the centre console below the gear selector others arnt there is a write up floating around this forum on how to disable traction control for ones that don't have button

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
You might have traction control on some commies are fitted with traction control buttons on and off in the centre console below the gear selector others arnt there is a write up floating around this forum on how to disable traction control for ones that don't have button
even my pensioner father drove with traction off, said no feel no thrill;)

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Just curious what do you mean by boost delete?

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Just curious what do you mean by boost delete?

I recon he is talking about the boost solenoid [at the back of Left hand head] that you can bypass,
Its no big deal, it just sounds important.
Going by what I have read [in simple terms], the solenoid is usually not active until its up to temp,
so it doesn't get a thrashing when its cold.