Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L76 6.0 MAF and Oil check engine codes

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
Hi, Sep 2009, MY10 series 2. Calais, 6.0 auto sportswagon. Vehicle is stock apart from OZTRACK (Qld) engine and transmission tune, which I am very pleased with. Nearly 2 years ownership with no issues, then -
1. I have an oil pressure voltage high code coming up. Engine seems to be fine, but cannot get rid of code either by battery disconnect or paying the local garage 66 bucks, which resulted in the code reappearing on the first cycle. I have ordered a new oil sensor.....is this the likely source of the issue??
2. MAF "voltage low" code coming up. Car was running but fuel economy was poor. Installed new MAF, going OK, but code stubbornly persists. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks, Quentin.

Freedon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss
with maf, it could be a bad earth at the back of lhs head. a clogged oil sensor will throw a high voltage code, it could also be from a clogged gallery or pickup, it put a good oil flush through it before doing sensor, didnt say what engine spec, if its l76-77 ithere can be a little filter under the sensor that cloggs too

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I have just had to replace my OPS 2 weeks ago in my 2012 L77

OEM part # 12621234
AC Delco Superseded part # 12673134
Replaced the faulty one, Reset the DTC,
And noticed the Engine Light is only on for 1>2 seconds when I start it now,

Where I had noticed for a while, the Engine Light would stay on for at least 5>6 seconds when I start it, before it finally went faulty.
I actually thought it could of been the alternator causing the light to stay on,
because I was thinking it maybe on its way out, considering it was still the Original Alternator.

Is the MAF plug ok?
was it seated ok?,
no damage, and/or dirty/corroded terminals.

Last edited:

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
with maf, it could be a bad earth at the back of lhs head. a clogged oil sensor will throw a high voltage code, it could also be from a clogged gallery or pickup, it put a good oil flush through it before doing sensor, didnt say what engine spec, if its l76-77 ithere can be a little filter under the sensor that cloggs too
apologies, yes L76 AFM. Sensor located at top rear of motor, yes??

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
I have just had to replace my OPS 2 weeks ago in my 2012 L77

OEM part # 12621234
AC Delco Superseded part # 12673134
Replaced the faulty one, Reset the DTC,
And noticed the Engine Light is only on for 1>2 seconds when I start it now,

Where I had noticed for a while, the Engine Light would stay on for at least 5>6 seconds when I start it, before it finally went faulty.
I actually thought it could of been the alternator causing the light to stay on,
because I thinking it maybe on its way out, considering it was still the Original Alternator.

Is the MAF plug ok?
was it seated ok?,
no damage, andor dirty/corroded terminals.
Thanks. Have correct 1261234 on order. from Autolink on ebay $64. will get that MAF plug checked, as the outer black insulation has unravelled a bit, leaving an inch of exposed wiring. Thanks again.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks. Have correct 1261234 on order. from Autolink on ebay $64. will get that MAF plug checked, as the outer black insulation has unravelled a bit, leaving an inch of exposed wiring. Thanks again.

If you think it could be the actual MAF,
I know were you can get one at a resonable price,
PM for details.
PS: Not from me.

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride

How did you go,
did it fix the error ?

Quentin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais 6.0 V
Oil sensor only arrived yesterday, very slow post these days. Checked the manual re:MAF, checked voltage between yellow and brown/white, should be between 4 and 6v, OK. Checked voltage between black and pink, 11.75 volts, supposed to be 12 v plus. Manual reckons possible bad earth at back of engine?? New MAF by the way. Code is PO102 (signal low), and for oil sensor PO523 (signal high)

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes,
Auspost is real Smail Mail !
I have sent 3 Express Post items, and its take 3 days to be delivered, and Expross Post is Next Day Delivery.
Very disapointed !