Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

L76 Engine and Trans upgrades

guido825

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ss ute 6l
Hi guys i was wondering if i could get any advice of upgrades for my ute. Its a vz ss 4sp auto 06 14000ks and the only upgrade so far is 2.5inch stainless steel pacemakers from cats back. I want to finish the exhauts and put in a otr mafless tune intake, i am thinking of maybe putting in a cam package down the track but need to know if i should get tri y or 4 into 1 headers and go 3" system and take out the 2.5" or leave it. Also need advice on upgrading the auto trans for quicker shifts eg- best products going and finally any bolt on performance parts.

Thanks of any help.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
Twin 3" exhaust. Cams, Twin turbo, then tune. 6 Speed manual conversion = sex.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
Hi guys i was wondering if i could get any advice of upgrades for my ute. Its a vz ss 4sp auto 06 14000ks and the only upgrade so far is 2.5inch stainless steel pacemakers from cats back. I want to finish the exhauts and put in a otr mafless tune intake, i am thinking of maybe putting in a cam package down the track but need to know if i should get tri y or 4 into 1 headers and go 3" system and take out the 2.5" or leave it. Also need advice on upgrading the auto trans for quicker shifts eg- best products going and finally any bolt on performance parts.

Thanks of any help.

when you get your mafless tune the tuner can fix up the shifts on your auto make it shift harder and faster. not sure if the VZ have the power button but he can give you 2 tunes on the auto normal mode can be lefted a bit milder and then power mode can be set to much higher shift pressures.

on a 6L defiantly go 4-1 not tri-ys.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
not sure if the VZ have the power button but he can give you 2 tunes on the auto normal mode can be lefted a bit milder and then power mode can be set to much higher shift pressures.

Just confirming that yes, the VZ has the power button (I have 2 different settings for my button). :)

guido825

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz ss ute 6l
cheers for that info mate, do you think i should leave the 2.5" exhaust or install 3" with the 4 into 1 headers